2. Drowning

"Are you sure Sal?" Larry asked. It was now the end of the day and Todd and I decided to tell Larry together, apparently Todd noticed something too and wanted to tell him. "Yeah, it's like he was just ignoring me, but he still noticed because when I touched him he flinched a little" "Well maybe he just is planning something like Neil sa-" "No I don't think so" Todd interrupted "What?" "Well I thought it was strange last year, but he always had a black eye and now..."

-Time skip-

After what Todd said yesterday, Larry said he would try to 'talk' to him. I obviously insisted to let me tag along because I wouldn't trust him to do that without beating him up.

So now here we are, waiting at the lockers for Travis to walk in so we can confront him. I don't expect him to tell us, he'd probably just be an ass about it and say something like 'It's none of your business!' Or maybe he would use 'fag' instead, who knows.

"Sal look!" I looked up to where Larry was pointing. Travis walked towards us with his head down low not seeming to notice us.

Larry stood in front of me and waited a few seconds so Travis could get closer. "Hey Churchboy!" Larry shouted. Travis lifted his head up eyes widened. Surprisingly he still had that same old ack eye. What even caused that? Travis quickly put his head back down and started to walk past us. Larry grabbed his arm and turned Travis around so his back was facing the lockers. "What's going on with you? You haven't insulted us once. Finally get some sense knocked into you?" I bumped Larry's arm "Oh um I mean, What's up with you"

Travis stared at Larry blank faced for a bit until his eyes fixated on the floor instead. That's when I noticed it. Now that I could finally get a good look at him, he didn't just have that black eye. He also had a less noticeable bruise right below his cheek, as well as a cut on his lip with a bit of bruising. "Yo Travis what happened to your face!" Travis flinched a bit from my yelling, weird. "Travis?" Larry looked at the boy confused.

-Travis Pov-

Walking through the halls is never fun. Usually it would end up with someone getting hit, and that person wouldn't be me. But I only have one year left. Then I can finally leave my fathers shadow, for good. "Hey Churchboy!" I quickly looked up from the floor and noticed Larry and Sal by the lockers. 'Fuck! Not now please' I started to walk faster looking anywhere but at the lockers. I wanted to get away. I was suddenly pulled back by my arm. Ow.

My back hit the lockers pretty hard, almost hit a bruise, I'll be fine though. I just need to block it out.

"Yo Travis what happ..." too loud.

Just focus on anything else. Focus on any other sound.

Drowning.

Focus on drowning Travis.

Steady your breathing, it's too loud.

Block out the noise

"Travis?"

No, Go away

You failed at drowning
Try again sinner

Drown.

Drown.

Drown.

Don't go too deep, you'll get lost

Travis.

You are breathing too heavily.

"Are you even payin..."

Go farther into the water
They can't get to you from there

Drown.

Nobody can hurt you here Travis
You are safe

Let me guide you

You've gone too deep.

Just listen to me and let your body move on it's own

Good boy.

The two in front of you, ignore them.

They don't really care

Remember they hate you. You bullied them.

I'm only here to protect you Travis.

You would be dead without me

Just keep drowning, go even farther.

Don't bother caring about getting lost.

It's pointless.

I pushed the two away. They are not important. I looked back up at them. Great, they pity me. I hate that look. The look of pity, people give you when they don't really care. I don't need anyone to pity me. I went through the opening I had made whenever I pushed them. I'm pretty sure they are calling for me but it doesn't matter.

Not like they actually care.

I could just walk out of school. It's not like we are doing anything. But father would be mad if he found out. Looks like bathrooms are the best option. I walked into the bathroom and went to the farthest stall. For now I could just zone out. Focus on anything else. Atleast until lunch. I don't feel like eating currently though. I'll just see how I feel later, if I still don't wanna eat, I'll just skip.

Now, that floor tile looks pretty interesting. Let's focus on that.

-Sals pov-

"Travis!" It was useless, by then, he was already out of sight. I turned to Larry "I know we hate the dude but we should probably get to the bottom of this! He could be in danger" I could tell Larry felt the same, but he wouldn't admit it. "Maybe he's just having a bad day?" Larry was obviously trying to make it seem ok. I looked back to where Travis had walked off and back to Larry. "Larry, I know you saw that bruise on his face" "And don't say he just got into a fight."  Larry had a look on his face, looked like pity but he would never feel that for Travis. "Maybe he just said the wrong things to someone, but yes, you're right. Something is definitely wrong" He said. I smiled a bit, it's not like you could see it under the mask though. "Thank you for finally listening to me Larry face!" I joked, I wanted to lighten the mood a bit, y'know? "Ugh whatever" Larry responded back. It seems like it worked

-Lunchtime (sals pov)-

I sat with the rest of the group. Each of them having their own wonderful conversations. I would occasionally bud in but my social meter had been blown out earlier when me and Larry were in the bathrooms. We had heard a sound and left though. Scared the shit out of Larry.

I looked around, maybe Travis would talk now, maybe he was just hungry? I looked to where Travis had his usual seat, next to Phillip and some other random people I don't know. But he wasn't there. This was pretty weird. Normally he'd be sitting there next to some church stuff. Now that I think about it, he's been doing things that he would never normally do. "Sal you good?" I turned back to the group, "yeah ash! I just zoned out" I lied. Why would I tell ash what I was doing? I don't think she would take it too kindly that I was looking for my former bully. What am I thinking! He's still a bully!