22. Headaches and Heartaches

-Travis's Pov-

"I see you finally talked son." I nodded my head, Sal had just left and my dad was speaking to me. I'm assuming he noticed that I was with someone and heard me tell them to get out. "It just wasn't to me." Father looked me in the eyes, his eyes burned through mine, almost enough to make me cry. But I couldn't cry, I couldn't be weak. "So, who was this boy you were with.." he asked me. To be honest, I was perfectly capable of speaking, but I wouldn't waste a single breath on the man that stood before me. "Answer me when I'm speaking to you! I know how capab—"

My fathers phone rang, he took the phone out of his pocket before walking off to answer it. "We will speak later." He slammed my door shut and went off to talk to whoever. I put my ear against the door, waiting for his steps to fade away. Once they were gone I put my back to the door and slid down. I held my knees in my arms trying not to cry just in case he came back and noticed. I groaned, I was saved by a phone today.. I rested my head on my knees, I had a horrible headache and fathers yelling made it worse.

After a few minutes of waiting for father to come back I was startled by "TRAVIS, SOMETHING CAME UP DONT YOU DARE LEAVE THIS FUCKING HOUSE" I immediately picked my head up and looked around the room. I jumped once I heard the sound of the door, signaling that he had left. I let out a shaky breath I didn't know I was holding.

I must have zoned out or something because it was suddenly dark out. And I assumed father wasn't back yet. I got up from the floor having to take a moment to collect myself since I got up too fast. I was about to open the bathroom door but was interrupted by a text. I walked back to my bed and grabbed my phone. I saw a text from Larry, which is weird since I don't remember having his number. I read it and realized why it was in my phone.

____________________________

Larry
Hey Travis, I put my number in your phone, I have a few questions..

You
O hi Larry, go ahead

Larry
Sorry if this is forward, but are u ok man?sal told me about what happened at ur house

You
Don't worry about it.

Larry
R U sure man?

You
Yea, I don't need someone to check on me, I'll be fine

____________________________

I didn't bother to see if he responded. I don't know who he is trying to get into my business. I threw my phone back on my bed and contemplated on taking a shower, I decided against it in the end and hopped onto my bed. I stared at the ceiling, my head still throbbing from the headache. I closed my eyes and attempted to sleep.

Wake up

I jotted awake, or atleast just opened my eyes... I hadn't even fallen asleep yet... I don't even know why I had gotten up so quickly. Something in my mind just forced me to get up, as if my life depended on it. I sighed and looked around my room.

Travis, this is a dream. Don't worry you are safe.

Wait, was I not awake?? I feel back onto my bed and shut my eyes, but as soon as I did. I was awake. It was day time. So I really was just dreaming..? But why would I have a dream about waking up? I can't think about this right now, I need to get ready.