14. Memories Make Flowers Die

Forget-Me-Not- True love, don't forget me
Zinnia- Thinking of you; remembering absent friends, sentimentality
Narcissus- Unrequited love, selfishness

In short: "Don't forget our promise again, you selfish bastard."

-Travis' pov-

The reason I was in the bathrooms was because I wanted to get away from everyone. I needed a place to think. I needed to talk to— Someone came barging in. I look up at the door to see Sal. He walked over to me. "Hey Travis" I wasn't in the mood to really talk to anybody, but maybe Sal can get my mind off of things. After all he's a friend. Wait? Did I just call him my friend?  I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote down something for Sal, I wanted to know if he actually wanted to be friends. If he didn't, that would be awkward but understandable. I put my pen away and handed him the paper. I watched while he read it and he agreed. I still needed to talk to someone else though. It's important.

-Timeskip-

I hadn't noticed it but I had lost track of time. Almost the whole class period had gone by and I needed to leave. I looked up at Sal and said my goodbyes. He seemed sad but I brushed it off and grabbed my bag. Quickly leaving the bathroom. I didn't want to get caught so I stayed clear of any security cameras or staff members, luckily there was a door that was broken so it didn't alarm any teachers. Once I was outside of the school, I took out my phone to text an old friend.

Phil :(
Today 3:02 pm.

You
Hey Phil, we need to talk. I'm sorry I haven't called or anything. Things have been weird lately. Think you could meet me at our place?

Phil
Oh Um hey Travis? Yeah, I'll meet you after school. But why couldn't you just tell me at school, I can leave the class now. Teacher hasn't shown up.

You
I left. And I think it's better if we meet outside of school.
Read 3:06 pm

____________________________

I may have lied to him. I haven't exactly left yet. But it is true that meeting at our place would be better. I would have to walk though, I forgot my truck at my house, atleast I had one, I'm surprised my dad was nice enough to get it. Nevermind that, I have to leave.

-Timeskip-

Once I was there, I found a nearby bench. The place was beautiful. It was in the woods but I didn't mind. It was probably the prettiest thing in these shitty woods.
A pond sat in the middle of trees. The trees were filled with leave despite it being almost fall. Flower buds were scattered across the leaves and would soon bloom. They were special flowers, they bloomed in late fall and stayed until late spring. The pond was also surrounded by a few benches, all pretty old. But they added atmosphere. The things surrounding the water weren't the only pretty things. The pond had a few fallen leaves and flower petals in it. It was a relatively small ping but still pretty. The pond was small enough to where it was able to have a bridge go over it. This was our special place. Ever since Phil and I were kids, we would meet here. I remember it very clearly, the first time we met.

____________________________

-Flashback-
-3rd pov-

It was late spring, Travis sat on a bench watching the flowers move around in the pond. They didn't move around too much but it was still enough so that he could get distracted in all of its beauty. Nobody ever came here. It was his special place. A place away from his father, nobody could bother him here. It was quite lonely, but Travis didn't mind he was used to it.
Phil was pretty much lost, he had just moved here and didn't know the place well. He was still getting used to everything. He was tempted by the forest though, it looked special, he felt as if something amazing would happen. He didn't expect to get lost in it though. He had only been walking for 10 minutes.