6.

Pain

edited on : 31/8/2021 (Tuesday)

words : 1912

A/N : This chapter might be a little confusing.

★★★★★

Ariana Hart remained still and cocked her head slightly, puzzled.

"What? You've got to be kidding me, right? If that's the case, it's not even funny." Ariana gave an uneasy chuckle. 

Dumbledore sighed heavily as he glanced down. What should he say to her? The devastating news?

"Please, Professor McGonagall, tell me he's not speaking the truth." She then glanced at McGonagall, pleading.

McGonagall could only sigh shakily and shake her head. Tears in her eyes. "Miss Hart, they were murdered. Ambushed and murdered."

Ariana's legs buckled and she collapsed to the ground, her eyes wide open. Her head was pounding. Her eyes were teary and burning, and tears were threatening to fall anytime soon.

She promised herself and her family that she would return for Christmas.

"Wha- what about Emily? My baby sister? What about her?" Her breath was shaky as she spoke.

Her nine-year-old sister was her only hope.

Dumbledore and McGonagall exchange uneasy glances once again.

"She was found unconscious in what I assume your room, Miss Hart. Clutching your letter that you wrote to her from a few months ago. She had a large gash in her abdomen." Dumbledore explained.

"Rest assured, she was immediately sent to St Mungo's for treatment. They assure us that she would be okay. She would have died if she had been found late. " He went on as he looked at the girl, worried.

Ariana finally burst into tears, heartbroken that her parents had died but relieved to learn that her sister was still alive.

Emily Hart was the only family she has left now.

McGonagall embraced the little girl instantly, saddened to see her in such a state. She had never seen the girl in such a vulnerable state before. Never. 

Dumbledore shut his eyes for a moment, he couldn't bear to watch the sight in front of him. 

Maria Hart and Edward Hart.

They were both Aurors and were extremely good at their jobs too. 

Dumbledore had a close connection with them. He taught them when they were still students years ago. One thing was certain: Ariana inherited her intellect and personality from her parents.

Dumbledore, too, was aware of Ariana Hart's secret.

"They- they are coming for me, Headmaster. I'm-" Ariana stammered as she clutched McGonagall's robe, trembling.

Dumbledore had his eyes wide open, "The Death Eaters? Why would they?"

"I'm not sure. But I had a hunch they'd come after me this time." Her grasp on McGonagall's robe became tighter. She was scared.

McGonagall was perplexed when she overheard the young wizard and the Headmaster's conversation. "Would you mind sharing the details as well?" 

Ariana had forgotten about McGonagall; the only people who were aware of her secret were her parents, Dumbledore, and no one else.