7.

Silent Treatment

edited on : 4/9/2021 (Saturday)

words : 1756

A/N : Yall, this chapter honestly broke me inside. 

★★★★★

1 month later 

"I'm afraid it's none of your concern. After all, she already has Albus' approval. There isn't much you can do about it." McGonagall sighed as she studied the man before her, who seemed nervous but tried to conceal it.

He grumbled in annoyance, obviously irritated by her answer. "I have a right to know where my student is."

"Is that all there is to it, Severus? Or is there anything else going on with you and Miss Hart?"

Severus scowled, "Nothing else. She is a student and I'm her professor. Nothing is going to change."

McGonagall couldn't help but shake her head, "Remember, she is now in her seventh year of studies. She will graduate sooner or later, and there is a possibility that she will not return to Hogwart and even Wizarding World."

Severus's eyes widened. His chest began to ache all of a sudden.

He was well aware that the day would come. The day when Ariana would graduate and perhaps changed her mind about him and never return.

He wasn't sure why... but the idea of her leaving him- leaving Hogwarts, to be precise, made him feel uneasy.

"Isn't it time for your lesson now? Go. Please do not waste your time on me." McGonagall smiled and patted his shoulder. She could see that her words had an effect on the Potion Master.

★★★★★

"Morning, Leo." Addison sat in the back row with the taller guy who was sulking and seemed to be distressed.

"Hey," Leo murmured softly, clearly not in the mood for a conversation. 

Addison let out a sigh. Only a few people were in the class this morning since it was still early. The class had been deafeningly silent for weeks now and Addison hated it.

It hadn't been the same ever since Ariana Hart left without saying anything.

Classes without Ariana would be deafeningly quiet. Too quiet. No one will pull a prank, no one will laugh aloud at a stupid joke, and no one seems to be able to lighten the mood in Potion class.

Leo hadn't been himself. He was worried sick. The girl he fancied had been missing for several weeks. It was pointless asking Dumbledore, as the old man would just smile and shook his head.

What's more, the trio would always spend their Christmas together every year. However, Addison and Leo spent their Christmas this year looking for Ariana, and to their disappointment, they were unable to find her.

Severus Snape hadn't been the same either. He was stricter in class and would take away many points for even small mistakes. At the very least, he was fair, since Slytherin too had also lost a lot of points over the past two weeks.

He was wondering whether he had anything to do with the girl's disappearance. It couldn't have been his fault, could it? Ariana always seemed to shrug it off and didn't seem to mind.