10.

Confession

edited on : 29/9/2021 (Wednesday)

words : 1463

A/N : Severus, it's time for you to shine!

★★★★★

Severus sat her down gently on his sofa, which was in his office. He considered sending her to the Hospital Wing, but decided against it.

He would look after the girl on his own. He wasn't sure why, but he got the impression that Ariana disliked being at places like Hospital Wing and St Mungos.

He quickly gathered the ingredients for two potions for the girl. To be more specific, Healing Potion and Wound-Cleaning Potion. Healing Potion for her recovery and Wound-Cleaning Potion for her scars. 

Ariana continued adding more scars to her arms over and over again throughout the months. She couldn't possibly be cutting herself, could she? Severus frowned at the thought of her injuring herself.

He would have to work hard to finish the potions as quickly as he could, but nevertheless, he was the Potion Master after all. He would sacrifice his sleep and meals just to make her feel better.

Severus raised his head, rubbed his temples, and took a deep breath. When did he start caring so much about this person? When did he get so attached to this foolish girl? When did his emotions for Lily totally fade away? He didn't think he was capable of loving someone else. 

His feelings were much stronger today than they had been when he was in love with Lily.

"Just stay here and rest." Severus came to a halt beside her and caressed her hair with his free hand. He could only sigh as her eyelids were firmly shut and she shivered slightly.

★★★★★

Severus was concentrating on preparing the potions when he heard Ariana whimpering.

He stopped what he was doing and looked over at the girl, who was sweating and whimpering as though she was in agony. 

She was having awful nightmares.

Severus had tried everything to rouse her awake, but none of them worked, causing him to worry a little. The potions weren't ready yet.

Ariana didn't seem to want to wake up at all. It was as if she wanted to sleep forever even if it meant experiencing terrible nightmares.

"Foolish girl." His fingers curled into a fist as he recalled the unfortunate event that happened not too long ago.

.

.

.

"Why did you help me? Just... leave me be, Severus. There is no one left in this world for me. Nobody, not even you..." She muttered under her breath which was loud enough before passing out in his arms.

Was this an indication that something bad had occurred to her family? After all, Hart was renowned for loving their children unconditionally. They couldn't possibly be shunning and worse, disowning Ariana Hart.

This left just one possibility.

Her whole family had died.

Ariana's silence and coldness over the last several months have further confirmed his suspicions.