14.

Misunderstanding

edited on : 6/10/2021 (Wednesday)

words : 1291

★★★★★

"...Am still in love with Lily Evans," Severus muttered, loud and clear.

The room was deafeningly quiet after that.

.

.

.

Ariana's face fell when she didn't hear anything back from Severus after that. She'd been listening in on their conversation by mistake and had decided to leave to respect their privacy.

The muffled voices from inside the room were loud enough for Ariana to hear. However, she was about to leave when she heard Severus admitted his feelings. To Lily Evans.

Despite the fact that a few minutes had passed and neither Dumbledore nor Severus said anything, Ariana did not give up and waited there. She knew she shouldn't jump to any conclusion, but this was enough to break her heart.

After a few more minutes of waiting, she later came to regret her decision when Severus didn't take back his words, and this confirmed her assumptions.

"I knew it. I'm such a fool." Ariana mumbled to herself and gripped her chest as she fought back tears. Severus had doubts about her. He was still totally in love with Lily Evans. He was confused with his feelings. Ariana now realizes that no one could ever replace that woman.

She took a few steps back and retreated to her dorm slowly.

★★★★★

Earlier...

Ariana had just arrived in front of Dumbledore's office. She needed to tell him about her plans. It was a matter of life and death.

Afterward, she intended to meet with Severus to explain her plans. But she hesitated because she knew it would hurt him. She was still debating whether or not to tell him.

Ariana was well aware that she would not be the one to vanquish Voldemort.

The prophecy had already foretold the coming of a boy who would have the power to vanquish Lord Voldemort.

It should have been Harry Potter or perhaps... Neville Longbottom.

But the question was, why would Voldemort mark her as his equal when he, too, was aware of the prophecy?

Could it be Voldemort made a mistake?

Was she just a pawn in his plan to kill The Boy Who Lived?

.

.

.

Horcruxes.

There were seven Horcruxes, as far as she knew.

She would help them by destroying a few of the Horcruxes, and Harry Potter would take care of the rest of the Horcruxes.

Was she scared? Yes, without a doubt. Voldemort had been haunting her life for years. But she would go to any length to protect her friends, teachers, and Severus, even if it meant sacrificing herself.

Ariana had the power and ability to do so. She was born with her extraordinary magic and visions, even if they were limited. Perhaps this was why she was born into this world in the first place. To help the chosen one.