thirty-three

an// apparently i suck at posting on time :/ anyway, welcome back!! i hope you enjoy the chapter and i love you all <3

~

"Okay, see, it looks fine but look at the back." You set your phone down on your dresser and adjusted your angle as Namjoon's face remained on the screen. Stepping back, you tugged down your dress before turning. "See?"

"You look great." 

You sighed. "Thank you, Joon but do you see the back?" He shrugged and you sighed, dropping back into your seat. "I feel like it looks weird from the back."

"I think you look beautiful," he said with another shrug. "I see no difference."

"Yeah, but..." you shook your head and let it go. You leaned into the screen and checked your make-up on the small screen that showed your face. Joon chuckled, getting an up-close view of you doing so.

"Are you at school?" you asked, sitting back and playing with the ends of your hair, yet to be done by sj/w. "You look like you're at school."

"I am; I'm just waiting outside for the snack deliveries that are coming." He ran a hand through his hair and raised his other hand to cover a yawn. He dropped his phone in the process and you laughed as he picked it up. "Crap-- it cracked."

"Of course it did."

"Have you got your mask ready too?" he asked, waving his in the screen for you to see. "You have stuff on your eyes but won't it get covered?" Your shoulders dropped.

"Damn it, you're right." You reached over your dresser for your mask. It was so pretty-- but so was your eye makeup. Your MUA walked in just then.

"Are you on the phone with someone?" she asked in a whisper, closing your bedroom door behind her.

"Yeah, it's just Joon." She leaned down in the camera and waved at him. He bowed his head in greeting.

"How are you, noona?"

"I'm doing well-- and how are you? We haven't called you in a while to babysit Moon, have we?" Namjoon chuckled.

"Oh, please, Joon's too busy graduating to make time for anything." Your friend laughed again as your sister-in-law ran her fingers through your hair. "Doesn't the back of my dress look weird?" you asked, turning back to her.

"I said it doesn't-- did you show your friend?" You nodded and Joon smiled.

"I think she looks really pretty-- don't worry about the dress, y/n." He smiled and winked a little. "Jimin's gonna love it." You laughed.

"Shut up." SJ/W talked with Namjoon for a little bit about his choice in university and courses as she did your hair. You put the mask on and took it off countless times, wondering if you really needed it or not.

Joon convinced you that he did. It was his idea anyway-- the masquerade thing. You couldn't just not show up without a mask. "I ended up taking Jungkookie to the mall to get one as well-- just a few hours ago." You laughed.

"That boy really needs to get his licence business sorted out." Jin chuckled and nodded.

"He really does-- it's so sweet when he asks, though. So sweet."

"Kookie's always so sweet." Joon opened his mouth to respond to this but his eyes drifted from the screen and to something behind his phone. "Someone there?"

"Yeah, I think your bakery's delivering," he said with a smile. "I'll go get that-- see you in a bit?"

"See ya."