forty-one

an// and here we have the final chapter! after this, it'll be the epilogue and five bonus chapters i've written following that :) ps!! i just posted a new book! it's called just friends and its a reader x taehyung fanfic so if you're interested in that, please check it out!! <3 i love youu

~

"Y/N-- you want anything?" Tae tried from the passenger seat. He'd finally gotten his way, seeing as Yoongi had agreed to drive for a little while.

"She's asleep," Jimin whispered, glancing at you. Tae glanced at him, nodding. Namjoon pulled off his seat belt.

"I really have to use the restroom," he said with a laugh.

"I have to piss," Tae muttered. Yoongi turned the car off, seeing that it might take them a while. "You, Park?"

"I'm good-- can you get me a rockstar on your way back?" The boys nodded and all stepped out of the van, leaving you two in the parking lot of the convenience store.

You woke from the hard shut of the van doors and frowned. "Hm?" You pushed yourself up from the backseats where you'd been laying down and blinked heavily. Jimin looked away as you sat up.

"They went to piss and get food." You let out a yawn, watching them head into the store. You turned to the back of Jimin's head.

"Oh."

"You can go in if you need to use the washroom or something." You shook your head before realizing he wasn't facing you.

"I'm good."

You sat in silence in the car. Pulling your phone out, you texted Jin back to let him know you were on your way back as per plan. He told you to be careful and drive safe and blah blah blah.

"You can go back to sleep." You gasped as Jimin spoke again and it made him turn. "What happened?" you looked down and shook your head.

"Your voice just scared me." He continued to stare at you and when you looked up, you maintained eye contact. "I'm fine."

"Okay."

You kept staring at each other for a moment and you watched his eyes soften a little before you looked away and he turned around. It wasn't long before you spoke again, this time at once.

"Hey--"

"Did you want to get food--"

You both stopped. "What?" 

He turned back around. "Did you want me to get you chips or something?" he asked, gesturing to the store. "They're bringing me back an energy drink."

"I'm not hungry." He nodded and waited for you to say what you were going to say.

"What?" You looked up and shrugged. "You were going to say something but I interrup--"

"Jimin, I miss you."

It was quiet in the van after that. Neither of you said a word and he simply nodded and turned back around. You could sense his knee bobbing up and down in his seat, all the way until the boys made it back.

He didn't say it back.

"Oh, you're up," Namjoon noticed as he got back into his seat next to Jimin. You nodded and he handed back a granola bar. You took it.

"Park?" Yoongi called from upfront. "You wanna drive-- my ankle's swelling up again and I need to take my fucking shoe off." You frowned and Taehyung sighed up front too.

"Yeah-- and I want to nap." You laughed a little as Joon got out, letting you get out of your seat. You traded spots with Tae so he was in the passenger seat and Jimin got up next to you to drive.