The Twins Who Weren't Related

(Just because I had a fun idea for how a prequel to the short story: "Flattery" might start. I know you're doing your own thing, ScarOfHerobrine but I thought you still might enjoy this a little bit. Idk, you might hate it. Either way, it's an interesting idea at the very least.)

Hustling and bustling filled the crowd as they spilled in through the two large arched doors. There was a sense of urgency in them all, though hardly a single one spoke. Though they were dressed in fancy clothing, from the meh to wow, not a single spoiled man or woman had it in them to spiel among their wealth to the others through obscure tactics. The only ones not spilling in through the two doors --into the shiny, pillar lifted room filled with pews-- were the armored guards standing at attention, rimming the large, open room in their almost statue-like manner.

The two furthest from the door stood a little lazier than the rest, standing alone in some corner no one cared to visit. Because of this the two men weren't as worried about slouching or shifting their weight as much as they did.

"Man, look at all those poofy dresses." One of the two leaned in a little, lowering a piece of his metal armor so he could be heard by the other better. "I wonder what kind of loot they could get away with on those!" He somewhat whisper-shouted. "And if they really expect us to believe their butts are THAT big, now gullible do they think we are?"

"Liking the view, aye?.." The second leaned over, a hint of a smirk in his voice, which was a little deeper than the other's, but that wasn't all that impressive since the other's was still a little more boyish in tone. The other shriveled back from the other.

"Aw heck no! I was hoping the ladies here wouldn't look half clown! I just don't understand these people's style." He sort of reflected the accusation?

"Ah, so you really did come form the women, then." The other chuckled.

"I mean who wouldn't want to see what the babes here look like!"

"Quiet. You're getting a little loud."

"Oh. Sorry." The two then stood still for a couple minutes, both watching the crowd as they sat down in the pews quietly. "Soo...what did you come here to see?" The shorter man finally asked the only SLIGHTLY taller one.

"Nothing, really. I just wanted to know what it was like to wear a fancy suit of armor. That and I just couldn't deny the pay for just STANDING around for a couple hours!"

"I know right!!"

"-Shhhh!" One of the other guards further to their right hushed the two. The corner guards quickly returned to statue state, holding themselves firmly while secretly trying to pull off leaning against the wall at the same time.

After a few more uneventful minutes had gone by, and everyone had been seated, finally, after nearly two hours of standing around on sore feet, a multitude of trumpets blared in unison from the upper balcony in the large, grandilous, room.

In walked an elaborately decorated woman wearing a black and white dress --mostly black-- with a large black veil covering her face. She didn't look all that old, but the sour expression behind the face covering and greying strands of hair woven into the rest of her giant BUNDLE of hair made her much older in appearance. And sour as in her mouth and eyebrows were strict and tight, as if forcing back a wave of emotion almost constantly. Made sense for the situation she was in, being the queen and all.

Eventually the queen, along with a handful of younger maiden women following her, all sat down on the front row. They waited another few seconds while some servants quietly rushed about gathering letters or something from all those in the crowd who rose their hand. Then, as the shuffling ceased, and a lower tune from the trumpets sounded. Following the sound, one more person entered through the large doors with such composure to his strides it was admirable to all who watched. He was a young man, probably still in his late teens to the earliest of twenties. His hair was swell combed dark brown, no not a hair on his chin, but he stood tall for someone of his age. The two guards standing in other corner even straightened their own stances subconsciously at the sight of him. The young man finally reached the front of the room, before all the pews. But, instead of sitting down beside his mother, the prince hesitated for a moment...before taking a bold step onto the stage. Pretty soon he was facing the crowd, a few adults, one older than life itself, standing or sitting on the stage behind him.