Over Yonder (Part 2)

"Heh. Where I come from, half of them walk around wearing pants!"

Your mouth gaped open. "...No way."

- - - - -

"An entire weekend just the two of us, huh?" Steve leaned back in his chair. He had just spent the past hours working out in the field, so you didn't blame him for taking a break to recline some. You nodded bashfully. "Heheh... Twice the chores, but at least there won't be any special projects either." Leaning back in the chair, hands behind his head as it aimed up to stare at the ceiling, Steve closed his eyes, a faint smile returning. "Yeahh, we can manage." He assured himself. "Say, do you know when picking time is? You know, like, when we finally get all the plants?"

"Harvesting season?"

"Yeah-yeah! When is that?"

You snickered. "You're kidding..." Steve's smile dropped when he noticed your blatant teasing. "How do you not know?"

"Hey, don't blame me for not knowing! It's hard to plant anything in concrete after all!" The young man scowled.

"Fall, you city boy! Obviously, we pick the crops before winter comes!" Laughing. Steve returned his chair to normal, rubbing his face without caring to glance back at you.

"City boy..? What kind of a name is that?"

"Well I mean you are from the city!"

"Yeah but you made it sound so.. demeaning!"

"And?"

"And I prefer you not!...Country girl." You placed your hands on your hips, smile dropping into a frown.

"What is that s'pposed to imply?!"

Gaining the upper hand, Steve smirked. "What do you think?"

"Hhh, this ain't gettin' us anywhere. I'm gunna milk the cows."

"Ew. Yeah, still getting over the sight of that. Don't know if I'll be able to see milk the same way again!"

"You just pout right there then, city boy. I'll be out for a while." Picking up a couple empty buckets, you left out the door. After about an hour had passed, you spotted Steve just wandering around the farm aimlessly. You were feeding the chickens when you saw him with his hands on his hips, stern gaze scanning the big blue sky. "You done with your chores?!" You called to the young man, catching him by surprise.

"Oh- um! Almost!" You continued as before. After all the birds had been fed, you left the now empty basket in the grass and wandered up one of the hills. "Hey! Where are you going?!" Steve shouted after realizing you were leaving. You turned his way, peering down over the little farm and now small Steve.

"Nowhere!" You responded with a grin. Steve rose a brow. After you vanished behind the hill, he followed after to see what you meant by that.

You noticed him following, but you didn't care all too much. You enjoyed again the cool afternoon wind, blowing away the summer sun's heat.

"Wai-wait up!" Steve jogged to catch up. You stopped to let him. "What do you mean by 'nowhere?' You can't just go nowhere!"

"Hmh, watch me!" Was your rhetorical comment made as you strode forwards again. Steve stuck to your side, walking slowly to keep at the same pace with you. His pants were rolled up to his knees, so he felt every itchy blade of the tall grass grazing against his legs like you. The two of you wandered around for a while.

"So, where are we going?" A little bit bored, the young man spoke. You scoffed.

"Nowhere, like I already said!"