What the fuck have I gotten myself into?

Ryan got out of the bus, hissing in pain as some random guy brushed past him, scratching his cuts. James caught up with him immediately. "Hey dude!"

Ryan didn't look up. He couldn't let anyone see the bruises on his face.

"Your mom is in the news!"

My head shot up automatically. In the news? Nobody should know she was divorcing dad.

James grabbed his arm, even as Ryan held back a cry. "She's in this awesome new horror story, you know! Obviously, you'd know, but-"

Ryan looked up in relief.

James stopped abruptly. "What-?!"

Ryan sighed. The bruises. What was he going to say? He decided on ignoring the question and began walking ahead to his class.

James followed, a bit hesitant this time. "What - ? Drake did it already?"

Ryan almost laughed. He could handle Drake. This was twenty times worse than that jerk. He got into his class and sat down, flinging his rucksack across his desk.

James began his incessant talking again.

Ryan stared at him blankly. Dad - Rick, Ryan corrected himself. That asshole was not his dad. Maybe he should convince mom to move to another state. Would he leave the two of them alone? Ryan doubted it. He had said he was going to give him work today. What would it be? Knowing that fucker, it couldn't be anything good.

"Ryan!"

Ryan looked up. James was still talking, although half the class had already filled up.

"Yes?" He answered tiredly.

"Drake is dangerous! You should give up on her, dude! I mean-"

"You."

James looked up, fear written all over his face.

It was Drake. "Get out of here. Don't let me see you talking to this shit again."

Ryan didn't even bother looking up. James shot him an apologetic glance then scrambled away to his seat.

Drake sat down where he was sitting and looked at Ryan. "You're coming over to my place today. At four."

"Fuck off."

"You'd better turn up, or else...you'd regret it."

"I said fuck off."

Drake grabbed his collar and pulled him straight. Then gasped in shock. "The fuck-?"

Ryan smacked his hand away. "I said - get the fuck out of here." He shoved him away.

Drake looked too shocked to react. He just nodded. "Yeah - Four, today evening. be there." Then he walked away.

Ryan stood there for a few minutes, contemplating on what he should do. He definitely didn't want to attend school. He wanted to visit mom - he had promised her he would - but if she saw his face, she'd go ballistic. He could go back to the hotel.

He strode out of class, earning him a few curious stares. Which turned to horror soon enough. He tried to ignore them without losing his temper. How was he going to get past the reception lady?

He had reached the doors when she saw him.

"Where are you going?"

Ryan twisted around. "I-"

"Oh, its you. I suppose the security guard called you?"

Ryan frowned. "Security guard?"

"Yeah, your dad has come to pick you up. He said you have an appointment with some doctor."

Ryan's blood froze. Fuck. No. No. way. "Dad-?"

"Yes, Ryan?"

Ryan turned around again. There he was. Clean shaven and not looking too drunk, surprisingly. He gave him a large fake smile. "Shall we go then? Don't want to be late now, do we?"

Ryan closed his eyes for a moment, trying not to panic. "Uh - yes. Dad." He felt an overwhelming urge to call mom and tell her everything and never have to see that bastard's face again. But he couldn't. Ryan steeled himself and nodded. "Let's go."

His dad smiled at the receptionist. "I hope it wasn't too much trouble. Just - inform the required people, will you?"

She nodded. "Yes, Mr. Laureal. I will, no problem at all."

His dad smiled warmly again and left the hall with Ryan. His smile dropped into a sneer the moment they were outside.

"Like my acting, huh?"

Ryan shrugged. His stomach was feeling weird. He wanted to get away as far away from here as he could. He could feel himself sweating bullets.

"Your work."

Ryan turned to face him. "Wasn't it in the evening?"

His dad shrugged. "Not any more." He handed him a large box wrapped in blue gift wrapping paper, with an envelope stuck on top of it. Ryan took it. It was pretty heavy.

"What is it?"

"That's not your concern." He held out a mobile. "I've marked the address where you'll deliver this. Use the GPS and get there."

Ryan nodded.

"Your car."

Ryan saw his Bugatti Vernon parked a few feet away. "Yes." He walked towards it.

"I want to you back at the house by five. And make sure you deliver it. Or I will see to it that your mom-"

"I will." Ryan cut him off. He couldn't bear to hear him say it.

Rick strode across the street to him. "You will....?"

Ryan glared at the ground and forced the word out. "I will, sir." He was already shaking with all the anger building up inside.

Rick nodded. "Well, see you at five, then. My house. Or else, you precious mommy-"

"I said I will!" Ryan fumed, and got into his car. "I'm doing it, damn it! Don't - Don't hurt her-" His voice choke on the words.

Rick chuckled ominously. "Better watch you manners then."

Ryan gaped at him for a moment. "I - " He couldn't fucking believe what he had gotten himself into. "I'm sorry."

"Sir."

Ryan hung his head. "Sorry, sir."

Rick ruffled his hair roughly, almost as a warning. "Get going, then."

Ryan pushed the gas pedal and sped away. He watched through the car mirror as Rick's figure faded into the distance.

Why me? He couldn't help wondering. Why me?

*******************************************************************************

A/N

Sorry for the super late delay guys! Was a bit...busy. :P

Hope you liked the update.

Comment and vote!