They all know the truth now

"Why didn't you come to us before?"

Ryan sighed, hanging his head low. Michael was right. He should have come before. "I - I was worried he would hurt mom...but now that she's gone..."

"You don't have to protect her anymore."

"Yes." Ryan bit his lip, trying to stop the tears. They rolled down his cheeks anyway.

Michael patted him awkwardly on his shoulder. "Uh...We'll handle this. Don't worry - you will be fine."

Ryan nodded. He could only hope that whatever, the police did, it would be done fast. More than three days, and then he was homeless. "I guess I will see you around, then."

"Yeah, sure. I will give you call when we get some things sorted out. You may have to visit the police station."

Ryan nodded. "Yeah, okay." He was led out of the house by Michael. He slowly began trudging the way back to his hotel. He still felt numb. Was his mom really gone? What the fuck was going on? There had to be something deeper than this.

Without really thinking, he moved to the side of the road and crashed to the ground. His hands fumbled with his hair, pulling at it like a madman. He was going insane. There was nothing deeper. She was gone. She probably hated him by now. He had to stop thinking. He needed to stop thinking. What he needed right now was a distraction. Slowly he stood up and started the walk to his school. Maybe he could deal with Drake. He couldn't let him show the video. Although it hardly mattered now.

He glanced at his phone. It was about 1:00 in the afternoon. By the time he had reached his school, lunch time had begun. He had barely walked into the canteen, when Julie waved him over to her table. "Ryan! How are you? Where were you for so long?"

He sat down beside her. "Fine. Where's Drake?"

Julie frowned. "Why? Is everything okay?"

"Look, where is he? I really need to speak to him."

"I just saw him leaving the canteen," One of Julie's friends piped up. "Do you want me to call him for you?"

Ryan sighed and shook his head. "No, I'll find him later."

Drake's voice rang out unexpectedly from the speakers. "Watch the canteen's TV!"

Everybody's eyes shot up to the screen instantly. There was a hushed silence in the hall. Ryan could feel his heart thudding inside his rib cage, almost pleading to be let out. He wanted to die. Drake was going to show the clip. To every single person in the school. Ryan was gonna be fucked.

He stared silently at his shaking hands as the school watched Drake beat him up and see the scars on his body. He could hear himself screaming, but couldn't distinguish from the screams on the TV and the screaming going on inside his head. 

The TV stopped. Everyone had stopped, frozen in time.

"Ryan?" Julie's voice was barely a whisper.

Ryan stood up, his chair making that awkward sound, scratching against the floor. He could feel everyone's eyes on him. Slowly, he looked up. Drake was standing at the entrance of the canteen. 

Ryan walked forward to him. His eyes were watering, he couldn't stop them. 

"How are you feeling now, you fucker?"

Ryan didn't answer. He stopped right beside him and caught his eye. He had nothing to say. he pushed past him and stormed out.

***

Vote and comment! Hope you liked this..really short...really late....update.

(sorry) <3