This is where reality strikes. Haha.

Ryan got into the bus. Classes were over. Finally.  

"Hey dude." Some random guy high-fived him. 

"Wassup?!"

Ryan spun around. It was James. Ryan groaned inwardly. He hated this guy. Why couldn't he leave him alone?

"Hi."

"So where d'you live?"

"Just ten minutes from here!"

"Wow......why bother with the bus, man! I mean - get your car!"

Ryan just shrugged. Someone put an arm across his shoulders.

"Hi, handsome."

Julie.

Ryan looked at her. "Um..hi."

"So how is my little boyfriend?"

He didn't know what to say to that, so he let it fly by. "You prepared something for that smith dude?"

She shrugged. "We have all night, Ryan!" She gave a smirk and winked. "Our plan's still up, though. You are coming to pick me up at seven, got it?"

Ryan nodded. "Yeah - uh, maybe I should get some - uh - English books?"

She laughed. "Don't bother. We wont be doing much of that shit anyways." She tapped him on his forehead lightly. "See you at seven. Toodles." She marched off.

"Dude - stay away. She's trouble." James said in a low voice.

Ryan looked at him. He agreed with James for once. "Drake is going to kill me."

***

"See you guys tomorrow then!" Ryan shouted as the bus sped away, leaving him standing alone in front of his gate.

He wondered if mom would be around. Then remembered she had a horror movie to shoot. Great. What about the horror waiting for him inside?

Slowly he walked up the steps, wondering how he was going to explain that he had to go out again at seven. For a dinner. With a girl.  He knocked on the door, still wondering.

His dad opened the door. Almost immediately, Ryan knew he was in trouble. Big time. He could smell the drink on his father. He already looked dangerous. Maybe he should just text Julie that he won't be able to make it.......

Ryan walked in. A mountain of popcorn was spilled on the floor. A few broken beer bottles were lying near the TV. Which was also broken. Pretty usual. His stomach growled and Ryan realized he was hungry.

He glanced at dad. He was still standing at the door, as if in a trance. Well, that was good news. Ryan made towards his room.

"Where do you think you're escaping to?"

He froze, half way on the step.

"Come here."

Ryan considered it. Locking himself into his room was useless - he would have to come out sometime and when he did, dad would murder him. Locking him in...? No, dad was stronger. Ryan sighed. No choice. He turned around and walked back to his dad.

He grabbed Ryan by his collar and slammed him against the wall. "You don't stay in here without working, got it, fag?"

Ryan tried to push him away, and failed. 

"Get out there and clean the mess!"

Ryan stared the floor. God, he hated that man so much. He makes the mess, and expects him to do the cleaning up.