Life fucks me up. Again.

Ryan knocked on the door. His heartbeat accelerated as he heard footsteps drawing closer. He was an hour late. Fuck. His dad was going to kill him. The click of a lock opening. The door swung open.

"Get in."

Ryan swallowed and stepped into the house. Rick shut the door behind him.

"An hour late."

Ryan turned around, trying to hide the fear coursing through him. "I - I'm - They tried to kill me!"

His dad laughed. "You think I give a fuck?"

"What do you want now?"

"Upstairs - in the attic."

Ryan nodded curtly and climbed up the steps. His dad followed closely behind him. Ryan could feel him breathing down his neck. It was getting claustrophobic. Ryan fought the urge to hit that bastard for the thousandth time.

He let himself into the room. James was relaxing on the bed, wearing boxers and a shirt, his right leg resting on one knee. He grinned when Ryan entered. "Welcome. Took too long, though."

"What do you want?" Ryan asked, through gritted teeth. This man had fucked his mom. He was going to break her heart. And he couldn't do shit to him.

James chuckled at his expression, then turned serious. He threw an envelope at him.

Ryan caught it with a hand and opened to take a look. There were photos of his mom. Naked. With James. Ryan felt like his heart was stopping. "The fuck..." The envelope crumpled in one hand.

"What do you think will happen when these hit the papers?"

Ryan shook his head in horror. "No...you won't....."

James smiled. "We won't......but we can."

"You're fucking bastards!" Ryan launched himself on him, trying to throw as many punches as he could before his dad dragged him away.

He couldn't believe this. He couldn't let these go to the papers. Under any circumstances. His mom would be ruined. "Don't do this..." He turned to Rick, hating himself for it. "Please....I-"

"Say it." His dad gave him an evil smirk. "Fucking say it already."

Ryan sighed, slumping to the floor in defeat. "Please.....I'm - I'm begging you. I'll do anything. I'm sorry. Please....I'm begging you, for fuck's sake...."

The two of them were watching him, sitting on his knees, pleading. His dad stepped forward, Ryan flinched automatically. Rick gave a booming laugh and held out something.

Ryan took it out. It was a mobile a tiny one, barely four inches tall.

"This must be on you all the time. We'll contact you when you're needed again. And if you don't respond......." The threat was real. His dad stooped down and pulled out the photos from his hand. "We'll keep this." He looked at them in his hand, smiling like a maniac.

Ryan put the mobile into his pocket quietly, got to his feet and let himself out of the house. He could hear them speaking from outside, with loud laughter and crude sex noises.

His Bugatti was outside. Ryan decided not to risk taking it - they could publish those photos at any opportunity. He called a cab and rode to the hotel.

His mom was sitting in the room, huddled up against pillows with a coffee mug in one hand and her mobile in the other. She was texting someone. She looked up when Ryan entered.

"I've found a place."

Ryan looked at her puzzled.

"A place to stay - we can't live in a hotel forever, you know."

Ryan shrugged. "Ya, I guess we can't......" He didn't care about where he was staying. Exhaustion had hit him the moment he entered, sudden. like a train in the dark. He felt so tired, he could barely keep his eyes open.

His mom frowned at him. "Is something wrong?"

Ryan forced himself to give her a weak smile. "No....just tired."

"You're ignoring me, aren't you?"

It was Ryan's turn to frown. He sat on the bed beside her. "No...."

"What is it that I did now? Sleep with James? Is that it?"

Ryan stared at her blankly. The words were barely registering. What had he done now? Why was she angry? Where was all this coming from? He just wanted to sleep. His eyes half closed. He forced them open, trying to explain himself. "Mom...it's not-" She didn't let him continue.

"Fuck you, Ryan - I've done so much for you - you can't even fucking talk to me. You - You promised to spend a day with me. You're not even speaking to me. You're - You're just - with that bitch all day - "

Bitch? Who? It struck him. He had told mom he was out with Julie. Right. "Mom, for God's sake, please..." He fell silent, his words reminding him of having to beg Rick.

"You know what - you don't even care about me any more, do you? Now that you've got away from that bastard, you don't need me any more, do you? I'm your mother, damn it-"

Ryan couldn't take it. He pushed himself away. "No, I don't fucking care. I don't need you - so leave me the fuck alone." He didn't want to say it, but the words were forcing themselves out. "Just - leave. Me. Alone."

He crashed down on the bed, pulling a pillow over his head, so that he didn't have to hear his mom screaming at him. He fell asleep angry.

*******************************************************************************

A/N

Long time, I know. I'm sorry. :P Anyway, here's the update. I hope you liked it. :P Comment and vote!

And yes - the dedication goes to @Dawnni3e for being the first to comment! Congrats...and thanks! :D