-un-

🍷🍷🍷

"Salut Olivier!"

I turn around at the sound of the familiar voice, ruffling through my already messed up hair.

"Hey Griezmann" I reply and smile vaguely at my teammate who returns the gesture immediately.

"How are you doing?"

Even though Antoine could answer the question himself for sure he looks at me, patiently waiting for my response.

I feel like shit.

Why can't I just disappear?

I hate everything.

"Oh, I am fine"

I am practically able to see doubt written on his forehead as he continues to stare at me.

"We are having dinner at Karim's tonight, you can come along" Antoine suggests, seeming completely fascinated by the thought of spending the evening with his teammates.

I don't want to go.

My best friend Jack Daniels is impatiently waiting for me at home.

"Sorry but not today" I decline the offer and smile the bearded French briefly.

"Olivier, I don't want to be or say anything rude but-"

"Then don't" I interrupt him and pat him onto his shoulder, "Nous allons a rencontrer-nous demain"

See you tomorrow.

"Yeah, see you mon ami"

🍷🍷🍷

The drive seems to carry on for ages, the want of alcohol getting stronger by the second, almost not being bearable anymore. I tap my fingers onto the steering wheel nervously, my hands trembling like crazy.

~

"I love you Olive" she whispers into my ear as her lips brush my earlobe, causing my breath to hitch in my throat.

"Je t'aime plus" I mumble as she intertwines our both hands, starting to kiss my knuckles softly.

~

I didn't realize I was above the speed limit until the annoying voice of my navigator starts warning me but I don't care either way. I need to get home as quick as possible now, my mind is playing games on me by reminding me of her.

~

Her smooth lips make contact with my own again but gentlier this time, not as passionate as just seconds ago but just as full of love as always.

"Do you need to get ready for practise already or do you have some more spare time?"

The sound of her voice plays in my ears over and over again like a sweet melody, taking me into a trance.

"For you always ma chérie"

She smiles satisfied and traces one of her painted-red nails down my bare chest, lingering just above my V-line for a few moments before travelling farther down.

I feel my heart beating quicker as my lips find her neck again.

~

"STOP!" I shout more to myself than to someone else and wipe the tears that make their way down my cheeks but being held back by the stubble I've refused to get rid of for the past weeks.