-huit-

🍷🍷🍷

Our preparations for the European Cup in 2016 are almost over; we don't even need to qualify ourselves since the championship will be held in France.

It has been one week since the little incident at the Italian restaurant; Elenie and I had spent almost forty minutes in the small stall before we dared to take a look in the dining room again. Monsieur Dorant was nowhere to be seen.

Elenie drove almost every evening by my apartment, sneaking in through the veranda and making the night a lot more longer.

In already one week, the international break will be over which means that I will have to attend practises in London for my club again. Being apart from Elenie is something I don't want to imagine as I enter the therapy room on a late Monday afternoon around five pm.

"Jolie" I call as I spot her sitting on her usual, wooden seat and walk over to her to press my lips briefly against hers but she turns her face, causing me to only kiss the soft skin of her cheek.

"Are you alright mon cœur?"

Elenie doesn't reply; she doesn't even take a single look at me and ignores me completely as she starts drawing circles with her thumb onto the wooden surface of her desk.

"Elenie?" I ask and kneel beside her, putting my index finger under her chin and turning her head towards me.

Her dark brown eyes meet mine but their whole warmth is gone. The look in them is distant and cold as her glance travels from my eyes to my upperbody and to her slim hands.

"What do you possibly want Giroud?"

The harshness in her voice surprises me as well as the way she calls me; last time I checked we weren't on last name terms.

"I want to know what happened and why you seem to ignore me" I explain softly and extend my hand out to caress her perfect-shaped face but she pushes my fingers away.

"You definitely know yourself, there is no need in telling you"

I shrug helplessly, still glancing questioningly at her as she groans in frustration.

"It's nice how you cheat with me on your soon-to-be girlfriend; how I am only a simple affair to you"

I send her a bewildered look and raise one eyebrow.

"Elenie, I think I would clearly know myself if I was in a relationship with so-"

"You don't have to deny it Olivier, I know already" Elenie interrupts me cooly but I can sense the hurt in her voice.

I want to stop her pain, tell her that everything is just a misunderstanding.

But she won't listen to me...

"I can surely tell you again that I don't have a girlfriend!" I raise my voice with every word, sounding desperate but Elenie only laughs sarcastically.

"You are pathetic Giroud, so pathetic" she spats, causing something in my stomach to sting terribly.

I take a few deep breaths, trying to calm myself down; I am known in the team for my bad temper.

"I can reassure and prove you that I. Don't. Have. A. Girlf-"

"And why is my dad telling me that you have been seeing a lovely lady currently and wouldn't dare to touch me?!" Elenie nearly screams, making everything clear to me all of a sudden.

"Oh that" I laugh, seeing the hurt reflect in Elenie's eyes, "I told your dad that pathetic excuse because you don't want to know him about us. He wouldn't have believed me if I haven't lied to him"