-dix-

Forever yours- Sunrise Avenue

🍷🍷🍷

Deschamps' office makes me feel as if I am about to suffocate in the pain that's beating down on me as well as the mere fear rushing like waves through my body.

I lift my gaze as I notice my coach groaning and see him rubbing his eyes, squeezing them shut.

"What the... hell was that?" he asks weirdly calm after a few painful moments of silence, glancing from Antoine to me and back.

"You should direct the question to Olivier, I have no fûcking idea what was going on back on the field" Griezmann replies annoyed, touching his nose carefully and pressing the cool aid to his face.

To be honest, of course Antoine doesn't know at all what was happening; of course he is clueless and almost innocent but Elenie's actions simply drove me insane.

Why is she with Antoine when she should be with me instead?

What little, dirty game is she playing?

"Olivier, you may defend yourself" Deschamps sighs, leaning back in his seat and sending me a cold, hard stare.

"I probably have to start from the beginning, don't I?"

I earn a slow nod from my coach and a sarcastic laugh from Griezmann that I choose to ignore completely.

"When I was down because of Sofie, you sent me to a therapist which happened to be Elenie's father, Monsieur Dorant. But the big self-help group wasn't the right thing for me so I got an other therapist, Elenie Dorant"

I clench my jaw at the thought of her standing infront of me in the tight black dress, smiling confidently at me before shaking my hand. Remembering the chills her mere touch sent over my skin, I feel like being hit with a thousand deathly shots in my body.

Helpless.

Lonely.

Broken.

I gulp toughly before clearing my throat awkwardly as I don't dare to make eye contact with neither of the two men.

"Let's say we both got along very well and started some kind of affair but it came to an abrupt halt because of a stupid, unnecessairy misunderstanding. I haven't seen her until today again"

I didn't expect any of the other two to raise their voice; I waited for a long, deathly silence and sincere glares but it is Antoine who shifts onto his seat.

"I didn't know that Olivier"

"You couldn't but you could have at least hear me out when I tried to explain-"

"Would you have listened to Griemann if he was telling you your girlfriend is a kind of- excuse the language Antoine- hòe?" Deschamps interrupts me, sounding tired as he looks at me in pure disappointment.

My hands ball into fists as I bite onto my tongue to prevent the wrong words from slipping over my lips.

"Griezmann, tell Elenie to drive you to the hospital and if she's gone, Karim's fine to have a little break. Giroud, our conversation is not finished, you stay"

I watch Antoine slowly getting up from his seat and leaving the room with an unreadable face expression. After the door closed behind him, I turn my head to meet Deschamps' cold eyes.

"Olivier" he sighs and I can sense the disappointment in his voice.

I don't think he would have reacted any differently.