When It All Started

I go to bed, and I sit there staring out of the window, wondering what this new day will bring us, then I start listening to music, then after a while, I finally fall asleep, at around 3 ish I wake up.

Why am I awake? Well as long as I'm awake I'll get some water.

I climb out of bed and tiptoe over to the door, I open it as quietly as possible.

*Squeak*

I look around to see if anyone woke up, but all I hear is sheets rustling, after my heart stopped racing, I slipped through the door, and shut it, I go to the kitchen to get some water.

"Hi Kenji." I say.

"Wha- how did you- but I was quiet." Kenji stutters.

"I have good hearing, and I could see you out of the corner of my eye, but I could still hear you while I was in the hallway" I tell him. "Now tell me what you were doing."

"I was just- um- playing video games, yeah!"

"Then where is the console and the game?"

Kenji rubs the back of his neck.

"Okay, you can't tell anyone, but I was trying to learn how to dance."

"Why do you want to learn how to dance?"

"Cause I suck at dancing, and I want to impress Brooklynn." Kenji mumbles.

"Well, I can teach you, my mom was a dance instructor for all kinds of dancing for 10 years, and she taught me everything."

"Really that'd be great!"

"So, what kind of dance do you want to learn?"

"I just want to learn how to do the waltz, I just can't seem to get it."

"Okay so show me what you have so far."

Kenji tries to do the waltz.

"Oh gosh, I can see why you need help." I laugh.

I walk to Kenji and grab his hand and I hesitantly place it on my hip, then he draws his hand back, while blushing.

"Dude, it's fine."

He's not gonna do anything, it's okay Y/n, calm down, and even if he did anything, I'm sure I could yell loud enough to wake anybody up.

I put his hand back on my hip, and I grab his hand, and then I put my other hand on his shoulder.

"Okay so first you have to step forward with your left foot then move to your right, then you bring your left foot to your right foot, then you step back with your right foot, then you move back and to your left, then bring your right foot to your left, got it?"

"Kinda?"

"Just let me show you."

I show him how to waltz.

Ten minutes later

"Okay you finally got it, just stop stepping on my toes." I chuckle.

We start dancing again, but Kenji gets his left and right mixed up and he trips and falls on top of me, then he rolls off, and we both start laughing very hard.

"Shhhh!" I say making me laugh harder.

After a minute or so we get up and I play some waltzing music on my phone, without Kenji seeing it.

"Where's that music coming from?"

"It's coming from my MP3 player, and I thought it might help to dance to the music."