All Alone

We run into another dead end.

"What?!' Kenji exclaims. "This wasn't here before!"

"Why are there so many security gates?" Yaz asks.

"The evacuation. The park must be locking down manually!" Brooklynn says.

"Oh, we have to go 'round." Kenji huffs. "This way."

He gestures for us to follow him, so we follow him to more locked gates, till he leads us to a door, and he fails at opening it, so Sammy, Yaz and Brooklynn all start opening lockers, and when Brooklynn opens one, a taser rod falls out.

"Oh! We can use this for-" Brooklynn gets cut off by Kenji grabbing the rod from her hands.

He tries to open the door with the rod, but all that does is zap him.

I just want for Ben to be here, and to go home.

Brooklynn picks the rod up and turns it off.

"A walking stick." She says blatantly, aimed at Kenji.

She hands one to me and one to Yasmina, and Kenji stands up. Darius puts his hand on Kenji's shoulder.

"I'm fine." Kenji says clearly frustrated.

We continue walking, and we run into another gate. Kenji slams his fists onto the bars in frustration.

"Unbelievable." Brooklynn states.

"Kenji." Yasmina growls.

"But you said-" Sammy starts.

Attention. All park-goers must report to the south ferry dock for immediate evacuation. Last ferry departs in 30 minutes.

"Not helping!" Kenji shouts.

"Just try to remember. Breathe-" Darius tries to help.

"What do you think I'm doing? Coming down here was your idea Darius, so just back off!" Kenji yells.

"Uh, Kenji? Darius?" Sammy says. "The way we came from, where does that tunnel end?"

"It opens up into the park, I guess. Why do you-" Kenji says.

Suddenly we hear a snarl coming from down the hall, and we look over and see a shadow of a dinosaur being illuminated on the wall by the emergency lights. Everyone whimpers, and huddles together, watching with fear as the shadow grows closer and closer.

Yasmina falls over causing the rod to clatter on the ground. Kenji picks it up while everyone is backing away, just to see a tiny Compsognathus.

"It's just a Compy." Darius sighs.

Kenji turns the rod on despite what Darius says, and the Compy runs away.

"Seriously Kenji? It's like a foot tall!" Brooklynn exclaims.

"And, uh, not alone." Yasmina points out.

We turn our heads to see at least 50 or more Compies.

"We need to go. In a group, Compies can-" Darius starts.

"Not really the time for a lesson dino-nerd!" Kenji whisper-shouts.

Kenji throws a Compy off his arm.

"Why not? It's not like you've gotten us anywhere even close to the dock, Mr. VIP!" Brooklyn yells at him.

"Oh! Yeah, I'm sorry. Don't you have some kind of 'unboxing being a brat all of the time' video to be shooting?" Kenji fights back.

Brooklynn scoffs.

"Hey! Calm yourselves!" Sammy butts in. "You're scarin' the itty-bitty Compy family."