The Day Everything Changed

Y/n POV

"Hey Google." I say. "Tell me the news."

"Today is Ray Sadecki's death anniversary, also Jurassic World has announced new camp opening in one and a half months, and it's called 'Camp Cretaceous'." Google tells me.

I freeze what I'm doing.

"Wait, what! No way!" I exclaim.

I jump up and down in excitement then I stop in realization.

"I wish I could go, but there is no way I could ever have enough money to get there." I say sadly.

"Y/n are you done with your project? The bus gets here is 10 minutes!" Mom calls out.

"Yes mom, I just finished!" I answer.

I get my clothes on and pack my favorite backpack, and fanny pack for school, I'm very introverted, I am a bit of a neat freak, odd, and afraid of the outside, so I pack the necessities.

"Coming." I say.

Before I get downstairs mom stops me.

"Forgetting something?" She asks as she points to my project in my room.

"Oh thanks mom, what would I do without you." I say.

I run upstairs, get my project, run back downstairs, and eat my breakfast.

"What's up loser?" Alex asks.

"The sky." I reply.

"Bye weirdo, love you." Alex tells me.

"Aren't you coming with?" I ask.

"No, remember? I have my wisdom teeth removal and mom is gonna be home all day to watch me."

"Oh yeah, Duh, see you later Alex." I say.

I give Alex a hug and I walk over to mom.

"Bye mom, I love you." I say giving them a big hug.

I walk out to the bus, and get on. I step out of the way of two kids about to fight.

"Excuse me." I say.

"What did you say?!" The bully asks.

"Nothing."

I sit in my chair and wait till I get to school. Once I get to school I put my stuff in the locker and go to class.

"Okay class, you might be wondering why the principal is here, well, I'll let him explain." My teacher says.

My principal steps forward and clears his throat.

"Today you will be doing a project over the course of two weeks, and the winner will get to go to Jurassic World's new camp before it opens to the public." He says.

Wait, for real? I will do the best project so I can go, so I have to work as hard as I can.

We go through the rest of the periods like a breeze.

I can't wait to do my project, I thought about it all day.

I get on the bus, and it takes me home, where I start working on the project.

"Y/n come down for dinner!" Mom tells me.

"Sorry mom gotta work on a project, I'll get dinner later." I answer.

"Well I have a date so I won't be back until late." She tells me

"Okay." I say

I stay up till 10 working on the draft of my project, once I finish it, I go ask Alex something.