16 | red

I'd probably still adore you with your hands around my neckOr I did last time I checked— 505 Arctic Monkeys

with your hands around my neck
Or I did last time I checked
— 505 Arctic Monkeys

I'd probably still adore you with your hands around my neckOr I did last time I checked— 505 Arctic Monkeys

GLARING WOULD BE a better word to describe what I was doing.

Ian, that fucking bastard, couldn't be decent enough to keep his eyes from straying down to Blaire's chest. Being a man who, well, loved breasts, I completely understood the urge. But doing it in the presence of someone who was believed to be a woman's boyfriend was fucking disrespectful. No, screw me. Doing it in front of people you were working with was damn unprofessional. A glance was fine. Three glances were tolerable. But a total of sixteen glances was practically a wish to get beaten up. Badly.

I cracked my knuckles and diverted my attention to the plate of macarons instead, accepting the truth that there was nothing I could do. Disrupting the photoshoot would be a terrible idea — although tempting.

I picked up the last piece of macaron and rolled it between my forefinger and thumb. "Red," I muttered under my breath, glancing back over at Blaire.

Her eyes met mine briefly before moving to the other side of the room, then another blinding flash of light followed. I exhaled a heavy breath. This was no doubt the longest and most daunting two hours of my life. As much as I wanted to stick around for Blaire, this entire ordeal was killing me.

I popped the macaron into my mouth, then pulled my phone out from my pocket just as a text message appeared on the screen.

Scott: I found this poor boy outside our apartment building today.

I clicked on the image he sent to the group chat. It was of a skinny Golden Retriever sleeping on some very familiar off-white marble tiles.

Rowan: Please tell me you didn't bring it inside the Bachelor's Pad.

Scott: I would never.

Preston: No collar?

Scott: Nope. Let's keep him for a few days.

Rowan: Just bring it to your clinic.

Scott: I can't understand gibberish. Sorry.

Rowan: Dylan, talk some sense into him.