The Golden Hearted Officer [Sugarcoated Chillies/Crushed Cigarettes]

Fanfic: Sugarcoated Chillies | B

Fanfic: Sugarcoated Chillies | B. Gordon + Crushed Cigarettes | J. Todd

Portrayed by: Brenton Thwaites

Background: Adopted by Bruce after his parents died and became the first Boy Wonder. Works as a detective at the GCPD and is part of Jim Gordon's squad.

Alias: Nightwing

Age: 25

Current Status: Alive

Eye color: Pure Blue

Hair color and type: Light brown, cut short from the back, slightly wavy.

Skin color: Fair

Height: 6'0"

Love Interest: Barbara Gordon (briefly), Koriand'r (currently)

Hobbies: Cooking, watching comedy shows, sports, planning extensive training sessions for himself and Jason, playing the guitar, spending time with friends.

Personality: Just like the title says, Richard in this story is indeed a golden hearted officer.

The prominent personality facts about him are as follows:

• Very helpful and sweet. Tries his best to help out others no matter how big the problem is.

• Awful sense of humor. Usually cracks the lamest jokes.

• Curious and inquisitive nature.

• Very protective over his friends and family.

• Does not get jealous. No really, it's impossible to make him jealous of anything.

• Extremely optimistic, sometimes Barbara gets fed up with his level of optimism and sits him down for a reality check. But then his girlfriend Kori is just as optimistic as he is so it hardly makes a difference for them.

• Not judgmental at all. Believes that everyone should be given a second chance.

• Great observer, picks up on hints and clues very quickly.

• Despite his accurate observations, he gives the other person enough opportunity to be truly themselves with him. That's precisely how he was able to figure out that the daring Neal Hastings was more than just the facade he put on for everyone else.

• Befriends people who catch his attention. That's how he has a very diverse group of friends which might seem unbelievable to any other person to think that he's a good friend to all of them.

• According to Neal, when it comes to physical affection, Richard's a ringmaster of his show with the audience subjective to his will. He deemed Richard as a showstopper who demands attention and gets it because who would dare look away from such a mesmerizing performance.

• Richard and Neal's friendship might seem odd to others since one of them is a cop and the other is a regular name on the suspect list, but both of them understand each other and sincerely care for one another.

• When Richard had found out about Barbara's interest in Neal, he tried to look out for her since he knew Neal wasn't the type to get into permanent relationships. Richard was not jealous, he did what he thought best for his friend and intended to have a direct conversation with Neal warning him not to break Babs' heart. But unfortunately, I didn't give them enough time for that... *Insert evil author cackle*

• Believes in giving all he can to his loved ones but expecting nothing in return since he knows expectations hurt when broken.

• Has the talent of brightening up even the dullest of moods by merely his presence.

• Favorite adoptive brother is Jason, favorite adoptive sister is Kate Kane.

• Drinks a lot of tea.

Theme Song: Save Yourself by Vanic ft. Gloria Kim

You don't have to save yourself, 

I'll be at the bottom, I'll be there for you

Origin Story: (follows canon storyline, no major modifications)

In this story, the only slight modification is that Richard and Kori are a couple instead of him and Babs. He had been dating his Tamaranean friend since their Titans days.

The only thing he and Barbara had was a one night stand which both feel awkward about and have promised not to let it repeat as they think they are better off as just friends.

***