Cupid's Arrow [Dark Reality Series Part 1]

For those of you who have read Intoxicating Desires | T. Al Ghul, you will know that I have included the Wayne boys in this story too and as always, Richard takes the spotlight.

So one day I was just thinking that this version of Richard is supposed to be even more social and well-liked in Gotham's society than Bruce. And I felt that the Richard from this story has probably played both wingman and matchmaker for Bruce multiple times (and yes that's without Bruce's permission).

I posted it on my message board and a comment by penguinflops34 inspired me to write this one shot where Richard attempts to find a compatible love interest for his adoptive father. Therefore, in this one shot, we're going to be looking at five times Richard set Bruce up with someone and one time he found him a very special someone (you're free to imagine who that is).

I will be referring to the dates Richard has set up as Cupid's Arrow and the number beside the title refers to the order. Also, I am taking a lot of liberty with the origin stories of these characters who are canon to some extent (not my fault they were shown so little), under the one statement that this is an AU story so a lot of the stuff is different (please ignore if anything seems incorrect from canon, let it slide).

So without further ado, let the fun begin. 

~•~

Cupid's Arrow 1: Julie Madison

Richard remembered the first time he had seen Julie Madison in a theater play at the Gotham Auditorium. He had been recently adopted by Bruce Wayne and it was one of those nights that Alfred had suggested they should all go out on a family outing.

And given Alfred's preference for literature and drama as a quality source of entertainment, they ended up at the theater. Richard was new to that wholly different life as an adopted son of a wealthy businessman and he was still adapting to it. While Bruce was adapting to the prospect of having a child to look after.

Not exactly a child since he had hit his teenage years by then but still a very different situation than what Bruce was accustomed to.

Julie Madison was also a rising star back then, starting her career in theater and then going big on the silver screen. A couple of her movies had come out and some of them were a success but she still performed in theater plays held in her native city.

Richard remembered the autograph signing after the show had ended and he had meekly gone up to her with his little autograph diary. He remembered getting her autograph and asking her when her next movie was coming out. 

After that, he didn't meet her until he attended the first society event he was allowed to after turning fifteen.

"Aren't you the Wayne boy? Sorry, I forgot your name again," she had asked as she was signing the autograph diary a second time.

"Richard Grayson," he told her, that once not so shy around her as he had been earlier, "oh and do you know, you are the first autograph on this diary too."

"Wait, no..." She looked both surprised and delighted as she turned back the pages to find that autograph from a few years back, "that is so sweet."

"I really admire your work," he resumed effortlessly with a bright smile playing upon his lips, "especially that rendition of Little House On The Prairie."

"That was so long ago, dear, I thought no one would remember seeing it," she was both awed and touched by his genuine compliments.

And of course, it did not take long for Richard to get rather friendly with her, talking about their lives and unknown to her, Richard was on an agenda.