The Ultimate Bruce Wayne Diss Fic [Random Part 2]

I just couldn't stop myself from doing the much-awaited Batfam reaction to the Talon And Bone Series. If you haven't read it yet please don't spoil it for yourself and read the series first because only then you will be able to understand the references much better and the jokes would make sense.

I won't keep you guys waiting any longer so let's begin.

~•~

Bruce was not expecting to walk in on all the Batkids sitting together in the living room and neither of them was at the other's throats. Even Tim and Damian were not fighting and were seated at a safe distance from one another. 

It was quite a rare occurrence indeed and it seemed as if they were all waiting for him to come home.

"Ah Bruce, just the man we've been waiting for," Jason cheerfully exclaimed but the glint in his eyes was enough to make him think that there was something mischievous going on.

"What are you all up to?"

"Family bonding," Tim replied, with the same mischievous smile on his face that made Bruce think that something was definitely wrong.

All of them couldn't possibly gather like that for family bonding but they could definitely put on an act to pull a prank on him so he mentally prepared himself to be ready for anything.

"Freshen up and join us please?" Tim asked, pulling the innocent-eyed look that he couldn't say no to, "family bonding is incomplete without you."

He analyzed the surroundings but did not find anything out of place. The sheer normalcy of everything aside from the Batfam sitting together peacefully without causing any havoc was rather hard to digest for him.

"I will ground you all if this is some prank," he warned.

Richard shook his head, "not at all. We just have to read something for you. No damage involved."

Damian raised an eyebrow at him as if questioning the credibility of that statement, "none whatsoever?"

Richard thought for a while, "well, emotional damage doesn't count."

Bruce paused, feeling even more suspicious about their motives.

But as time was ticking and Jason couldn't wait any longer, he pushed Bruce to his room, asking him repeatedly to come out as soon as possible.

A few minutes later, he had joined his family, bracing himself for whatever shocking prank they had prepared for him.

"You know what, I was actually going to make a Powerpoint, explaining all the good stuff in detail but Timmy here didn't let me," Jason complained and by then, Bruce was curious to see what they were about to read, "he wanted to do an intro himself and I don't know why I agreed to let him do it."

"Thank you for giving me some of your spotlight, Jay," Tim remarked teasingly but then switched on the LED screen in the living room that they were currently using as a projector. And before Bruce could ask him what it was all about, he launched into a rapid refresher course of his discovery of an otherworldly reading site on which fanfics were written on them.

He also told him about how they had accidentally figured out how to contact the author even though she lived in a separate world altogether. 

Bruce listened to it all closely but then asked, "are you sure this is safe? You said it was a faulty IP address and you shouldn't be using that."

But Tim shrugged, "well, we are no longer using the IP address because we got the manuscript from the writer herself."

"Wait, how?"