The Matchmaker Games [Dark Reality Series Part 2]

Well hello part 2, I can't wait to see how you will turn out. Here we will be discussing the third time Richard played matchmaker and set him up with a journalist.

~•~

Cupid's Arrow 3: Vicki Vale

Richard should have known that just because Clark Kent and Lois Lane's relationship worked out, it in no way meant that Bruce Wayne could start dating Vicki Vale and end up with a happy ever after.

But also this was one of his plans that Bruce didn't outright object to either. Turned out that having Vicki Vale on his side and somehow convinced that he wasn't Batman would result in the press lessening all those articles on him that threatened his secret so often.

So just that once, he didn't stop Richard from trying his luck out on playing matchmaker again.

Also, it was partially Richard's idea that Bruce could date Vicki and make her believe how different he was from Batman, ending the very slight conspiracy theory the woman might have regarding his connection to his alter ego.

And though Bruce had agreed somewhat to go along with it, the first date with the journalist was quite awkward. Because Vicki was rather curious of everything about him and it was her first chance at an off-the-record interview with Bruce and he was, on the other hand, trying to be as different from Batman's persona as possible.

The night after that date, he had retired to his study but Richard was far too curious to know how the whole date had gone. So he had come up to the study as well, ignoring the locked door and Bruce's clear warning of no one disturbing him.

"Look, if you are not going to let me in, I will find other ways," Richard warned as he stood outside the door with the keys in hand, "and for the record, I know which one of these is the key to the study."

"No, you don't."

"If you intentionally don't show me things, I figure them out for myself," he placed the key in the lock, turning it for dramatic effect and also to let Bruce know that he wasn't kidding, "remember how I figured out the Batcave?"

There was silence from inside until Bruce's somewhat resigned voice sounded, "fine, come in."

"Thank you," he opened the door, a wide smile playing upon his lips, "I'm kinda hurt you didn't invite me over yourself, y'know."

Bruce looked at him wearily, "Richard..."

"No, don't Richard me," he grimaced, seemingly not used to Bruce addressing him by his real name, "it can't possibly be that bad."

"It was," he sighed, "I feel like I made a fool of myself more than twice."

The boy looked highly surprised, "no... That can't happen. You never make a fool of yourself."

"It seems like I did," the words were out before he could stop himself as he was tired and when he got tired, he had lesser control over what he said. Nevertheless, he added, "you are not allowed to gloat over it."

"Oh come on, B, I never gloat," he remarked breezily but then added, "and especially after what happened with Miss Chase, I gave up all my gloating rights. I still am truly sorry for that."

"You caused me a lot of trouble," Bruce almost shuddered, recalling that embarrassing time.

"She wanted a threesome with you and Batman so..."

"Shut up."

Richard looked slightly amused to see the very faint trace of embarrassment cross Bruce's features, "sorry, won't bring it up again. I just keep doing this to make sure you still have human reactions left."