There's this guy

"I'm off!" You shout as you leave the door. "Alright see you later. Call me if you need anything!" Jean shouts as you pull the door shut. Today was your first day of night school. It was 8:45, the night had truly just fallen, class started in about 20 minutes.

You were thinking about going in pajamas but then again it was a law school, so you still ended up piecing together an outfit that was equal parts presentable and comfortable. 

You had an all black bag, your mac book, other various schooling utensils, chargers, and wallet were kept in an all black Chanel tote bag you tossed over your shoulder. You paired your phone to your car and pulled off, ever so slightly turning up the volume as you drove. 

Oh, my, my, my
I'm feeling high
My money's gone
I'm all alone
Too much to see
The world keeps turnin
Oh, what a day
What a day, what a day
Peace and blessings manifest with every lesson learned
If your knowledge were your wealth
Then it would be well-earned
If we were made in his image
Then call us by our names
Most intellects do not believe in God
But they fear us just the same...
(Erykah Badu - On and On) 

»»————-  ————-««

"Ahh! Y/n. Welcome to my class. I'm Mrs. Finger. But that's kinda odd so I allow my students to call me Professer Pieck!" "Nice to meet you Miss Pieck, thank you for having me!" "Oh no problem at all! Thanks for joining us. You can choose any spot you'd like. I do like partner work, and although there aren't many people here I suggest finding a work buddy!" She says. You simply nod and scan over the room. It was a pretty dull class. You looked like a Kardashian compared to them. Messy hair, or even hair still wrapped in bonnets and durags. Stained shirts, baggy sweats. No one seemed to be screaming for you to sit next to them either. Most people sat their bags next to them when you walked in to avoid you sitting nearby. All except one. 

A lightskin boy in the upper left of the class. He had fluffy shoulder length locs, a few fell in his face the rest were tied back in a bun. He had pretty green eyes and plump brown lips. His eyes dashed over to you, blinking a few times with a blank expression. It was almost scary how unreadable he was. He almost looked dead. His eyes left you and looked down at the seat next to him. They dashed back and forth between you and the seat. You took that as an invitation and made your way up the stairs. "Ah perfect Eren was in need of a work partner!" Pieck says. 

You sit beside the boy. Eren. 

The professor begins talking about the basics of law study. The course syllabus, the standards you would all go over, the academic honesty policy and loads of other information you knew. "Alright now that I've explained I'm going to hand out a little quiz on the info we just discussed.. just to be sure you were listening properly. If you get stuck you are allowed to phone-a-friend." She says, handing out small slips of paper with 8 questions. You wrote your name and date on the paper and could feel a hanging glare over your shoulder. You turn your eyes back and meet with Eren's. 

His eyes were fucking terrifying. So glittery and pretty, yet dull and lifeless. "Can I help you?" You ask. "Yea, your handwriting pretty. Write my shit like that." He demands. You laugh a bit, sliding the paper over and writing out his name. "E," he calls out. You look at him. "Its Eren..with an E. Not Erin, you wrote it wrong." He says. "My apologies Eren with an E." You say erasing the paper and re-writing his name. "Last?" You ask. "Yeager." He says. You begin to write out his last name but he stops you again. "With a Y. Yeager. Not with a J." He says. "How unique." You say erasing the page again. "There you go Eren Yeager. Its ugly now, you had me erase too many times." You pout. "Not my fault you can't spell." He says. "Excuse me? I didn't know." You say. "Ignorance is never an excuse. Thats like getting arrested for murder and saying you didn't know it was a crime." He says. "A bit over analytical Eren Yeager. It's not that deep." "Oh but isn't it?" 

"What do you mean?" You ask. "Is it me that is over analytical or is it you that lacks deductive reasoning?" He asks. "I can see why this seat was open." 

His mouth shut. 

"And yet you sat here. Why is that?" He asks. "You signaled me over?" "I didn't signal shit. I simply looked at you." He says. "Why were you looking at me?" You ask. "You show up in a room of broke underpaid tired college students in a Louis Vuitton scarf-top. 50 dollar jeans, I'm gonna go ahead and guess Forever 21. And fucking Yeezy slides. Not to mention your Chanel backpack. Who wouldn't stare at the girl obviously boasting daddy's money. This isn't Legally Blonde babe. Just cause you have a bit of money and basic common sense doesn't mean you're fit for law school." Eren rants. 

"Daddy's...what? I can't stand niggas like you. Thinking they are above everyone else. I swear they get some dreads and start dressing homeless and think they somebody. But since you think you know everything, let's do a quick fact check. I work a full time corporate job on top of a paid law firm internship and law school. I pay for everything myself with the money I earn from my job. This is a headscarf I got for 4 dollars at the beauty supplies store. These jeans are 12 dollars at Walmart. These shoes were a holiday present from my boss, and this bag is a hand-me-down from my sister. Legally blonde is about a white girl following a nigga that don't want her into law school. I am here to become an advocate for black men and women who are misrepresented in the judiciary system and tossed in jail for petty crimes. So Eren Yeager how about next time you fuck with someone, try to go for someone that aint fucking me." 

"Lemme not laff." A girl below you shouts. "Ah..Y/n. I love the robust discussion and passion. But can we save that energy for another day?" Pieck asks. You now realized the whole class had tuned into the conversation. "Imma laff." The girl from before says. "Miss Hitch that is enough." The professor reprimands. "I'm sorry but she's hilarious. Hey you!" She yells looking back at you. When she turns around you notice a long scar trailing across her neck. "Be careful~" 

She giggles and turns around. "What is with this scary ass fucking class." You whisper.