I find it hard to say

"Y/n pick up.."
"Pick up the fucking phone."
"Y/N PICK UP"

The phone falls from Jean's hand onto the carpeted floor of the bedroom the two of you once shared. He remembered when It smelled like him. Now his scent is nowhere to be found, just the faint smell of amber and eucalyptus- a candle you often lit. A more overwhelming scent was mixed in as well. Jean knew the scent all too well. Eren's fuckass cologne and natural body smell. It reeked the entire apartment. Since the two of you split Jean hadn't eaten more than a few saltine crackers and water. He couldn't stomach anything else, it all made him sick. The emptiness of his abdomen kept him up at night. He'd usually end up getting drunk at a bar and wandering the streets until he threw up the little food he was able to keep down and pass out on the side of the road.

He had stopped going to work and moved back in with his parents. It wasn't like his life was over, he was still very well off. A good career, he hasn't been fired, most of his coworkers are quite actively anticipating his return. He isn't broke, If he wanted his own place he could get it. He wasn't magically ugly just because you left him. Jean was in his prime, building wealth, handsome, and smart. All of the qualities that could land him a new girlfriend in less than an hour. But in truth he just wanted to pout and have his mother coddle him like a child. He was enraged that you would dare leave him. And over Eren at that. He didn't want to move on, he didn't want to get over you. More like get under instead. Thats exactly what he found himself doing in the end.

Using the spare key ( Thank god you didn't change the locks yet) to let himself back into the apartment and get under your bed sheets. They were deathly cold yet the house was warm. It smelled kind of bad as well. Jean took a look around to see rotting food in the refrigerator, he placed it as the source of the smell. He was so caught up about his own issues with Eren he didn't realize how odd the nature of his arrival was. Why weren't you home, you should be off work today. Today is one of your break days. And if you aren't home then where is Eren. Why is he gone? Jean began searching for clues of your whereabouts and ended on a brochure for a cruise. At first he was a bit jealous, you and him had never gone on a cruise.

Jean spent the next few hours creating fake accounts to stalk your social medias. It was full of beautiful pictures of the sea, marine life, fancy meals, and purple setting skies. But those weren't the photos that took Jean's breath away. It were those of Eren, basking in the sunlight of the early morning looking kindly into the camera. The photo was captioned. 'I finally feel free'.

Captions

Couple of shitty words that make you rethink what the fuck you're doing with your life.

'I may never leave' 'This is true happiness' '僕は 佇み君を思う- I stand still, and think of you'
Aesthetic shit, it made Jean's blood curdle. You always talked about how corny you thought all of that was, so he never did it. He never expressed such high levels of affection because it became an assumption that you were not into it. Had he been wrong all this time? Is it true you like a man that is clingy and loving? Jean prided himself in being nonchalant and open- he... he thought that was the kind of man you wanted. Not Eren. Not possessive, sappy, demanding, alluring Eren. Jean curses himself for being so blind. He invited his downfall into his home. What a fucking idiot.

Jean laid back in bed and sighed to himself. He leaned over and opened your drawer that sat next to your bed, he knew you kept all of your valuables in it. But when he dove into the cupboard it was empty. He got up to further analyze it but when he found nothing he grew curious and went to your closet... then your dresser, then your bathroom. And the same trend remained. All your things were missing. Other than a few items here and there it was as if you had moved out completely. Who would take every garment of clothing they had on a simple cruise? Who would leave food in the fridge if they knew they would be gone for awhile. Something was ... wrong.