2 Run

"The trials in a couple of weeks, the detectives say he don't know I'm holding is kid yet." You say. "I say toss that fuck ass kid, forget that fuck ass nigga, and sue some fucking body and get some money out this shit." Your cousin says. "I don't even know if I can face this nigga in court. Its been almost a month since I've seen Eren." You say. "This whole thing is so weird. I'm glad you're still you chile." She says. "I've been getting that a lot recently." You say. "Well Its true. My biggest fear was that I'd never get my evil twin back. We used to ball together. When you went missing and I started hearing shit girl I lost it." She says.

"Well I'm back and better than ever... well... thats a stretch. I still have therapy on sundays and thursdays." You say. She laughs over the phone. "You gone be in the maternity ward if you don't make up your mind about this abortion." She says. "Hush. Damn, everyone keeps bringing it up, I'm trying to act like it don't exist and hopefully it'll just go the fuck away." You say. "Keep thinkin like that, you gone have me a nephew." She says. "Girl bye." You say. "Bye, call me later!" She says. "I will baby." You assure before hanging up the phone.
After your early start with Levi and Erwin they dropped you off at the unit and rushed back to work— ever since your family and friends had been calling you left and right, 'informing' you of Eren's arrest, as if you wouldn't have been one of the first to know.

A full week had past, you'd noticed your clothes getting tighter by the day. But it was finally time.
Time to face Eren.

You had been planning how you would look and what you would say and how you would act for some time now. You picked out a green suit to wear, he made you hate the color green, which is the main reason you wore it. Just to show that he has no power over you anymore.

Levi and Erwin were already at the courthouse, you were given a police escort from your Unit over to them

Levi and Erwin were already at the courthouse, you were given a police escort from your Unit over to them. The entire drive you felt sick to your stomach. Staring out the window with your forehead on the glass. You had planned this moment out in your head. How you would cockily look at him, act like nothing phased you, and leave him to rot in prison. But that dirty feeling was stuck in your core. You couldn't help but to feel love for him, even through all of the things that he did. All of the mind tricks all of the manipulation, and abuse. It melted away when you thought of his kind face and his gentle features. He was a monster, but you were the one who trusted that monster, housed that monster, slept with that monster.
So what did that make you?

»»————-  ————-««

Sitting in that quiet courtroom was sickening. You were in law school and had worked on numerous cases, you shouldn't feel so alien in a place that used to be a second home. Somehow being the defended rather than the defender made the job unappealing. The thrill of debate and the charge towards justice was washed away and only left a bad taste in your mouth.
There must have been a disheartened look on your face because Levi quickly placed a hand on your shoulder. "Are you okay?" He asks. You give a quiet nod and he refocuses his attention on the door Eren would be emerging out of any moment.