| nineteen |

The Next Day
Tuesday

Sunny stood outside of the 21st Precinct of Chicago P.D. as she waited for Kate to arrive. She would be accompanying Sunny into the Intelligence Unit as moral support. Severide was originally supposed to go with her, but the two hadn't talked since early Monday morning.

Sunny tapped her fingers against the back of her phone as she looked up and down the street.

An unsteady feeling began to creep up Sunny's spine, causing the hair on the back of her neck to stick up. Her stomach twisted up into knots as well. She looked up and down the street with her brows furrowed together.

Deciding it would be better to go inside rather than to stay outside, Sunny went into the precinct.

"How can I help you?" The officer behind the desk didn't bother to look up as she spoke to Sunny.

"I'm here to speak with someone from the Intelligence Unit. Um, my name is Su-Daisy Castle. I think I'm supposed to talk to Detective Lindsay."

"Alright, Ms. Castle. Give me just a second and I can take you upstairs."

Sunny thanked the officer and stepped away from the desk.

"Hey, Trudy? You got any idea where-,"

"Ruzek!" The officer behind the desk cut the man off as he approached her. "Do me a favor and take Ms. Castle here upstairs to talk to Lindsay."

The man looked at you for a moment then looked back at the officer behind the counter.

"But Platt-,"

"Thank you, Ruzek."

"Yes, ma'am." Ruzek nodded his head. "Right this way, miss."

Sunny began to follow him up the stairs.

"I'm Detective Ruzek."

"Daisy Castle."

"Hear you're due to get married to a Talbot soon."

"Ruzek, don't pry." A deep voiced man spoke as they got to the top of the stairs.

"Just curious." Ruzek held his hands up.

"Ms. Castle. I'm Sargent Hank Voight." The man held his hand out for her. "Come with me."

"I thought I was just coming up to talk with Detective Lindsay."

"You are. She'll be here momentarily. This is her desk right here." Voight gestured to a desk closest to what Sunny assumed to be his office. "Have a seat."

Sunny sat down and shifted around a little bit.

"Ms. Castle, are you aware of why we had your fiancé detained over the weekend?" Voight leaned against the desk in front of Sunny.

"No. Detective Lindsay wouldn't say. And when I- when I asked him, he just said it was a misunderstanding."

"My detectives brought him in because he had drugs on him."

"Gray?" Sunny furrowed her brows together. "No, no. Not him. Gray doesn't–He doesn't do anything like that."

"One of my detectives found oxycodone on him. He wasn't taking them then but we have reason to believe he was going to use."

Sunny leaned back in her seat, completely shocked.

"Do you know if or when Talbot might have gotten a hold of any pills?" Voight asked.

"I don't know. I'm not sure. I-I never even knew...." Sunny shook her head. "I know he took them about six months ago. He injured his knee and the doctor gave him some medicine for it. But he never told me what kind or that he...." She trailed off.