into the depths of your soul

Haechan's back story and y o u.

The story leading up to an odyssey.

Odyssey: a long and eventful or adventurous journey or experience. 

Yes, I've been very sentimental these days

Yes, I've been very sentimental these days. Sorry!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I wake to your likeness
But how come you're here
I wasn't found in delight
It's the call before it's far from over

- Odyssey, Talos

Haechan knew nothing of sadness and euphoria until he met you

He didn't take prayers seriously until he met you.

Haechan grew up in a conservative environment and he never really talked about how his life in Korea was like before his rise to fame as one of the two-man band called 'Watermelon on a Sunny day'.

Korea to him was like a fever dream.

Haechan had met you when he was a young, fourteen-year-old boy who knew he had an amazing voice. The church he attended on a daily basis was a hotspot for politicians to come and give the church their charitable 'services'. By that, Haechan knew deep down it was just for photos for the front page of Seoul National Post.

He didn't mind. He was used to it, the male going up to the podium with his white robes on his shoulders. White because they symbolized purity and chastity. He was an impatient one but he waited until all the seats were filled and the starting note of the piano to be heard resonating through the walls.

The pastor of the church had stood up to say his welcoming speech, Haechan able to mimic him in his mind. Which family was it now? His church was becoming a business and Haechan knew that. His gaze skated over the people when he noticed that they weren't all politicians. No, politicians stood up front. They wanted to be seen.

Your family stood by the corner, everyone dressed in their suit and tie. A few bodyguards could be seen guarding the entrance of the church and Haechan wondered why there was even a need for such thing. Then he saw you beside your sister. She was older and had her head low, your father and mother listening to the pastor with feigned interest.