there is space in my heart no one can replace

A silent promise, that was what it was

The bodyguards were gone and Xiaojun had finally brought you into the car. A trip, Haechan told you. We're going on a trip. He had gotten special instructions from Nurse Xiaojun and it wasn't long until he was bringing you to the outskirts of Korea.

The Lord is my Shephard, Haechan would repeat in his mind as the car zoomed forward. Time is of the essence, he'd tell himself. He'd take it up to himself to utilize it and before you knew it, you had your hand in his as both of you neared your destination.

"Where are we going?" you asked, Haechan smiling.

"Gangwon," he told you and you gasped. Your reaction made him crack a smile and he chuckled. "You've never seen mountains before, have you, baby?"

You shook your head, taking in deep breaths and he reached up to squeeze your cheek.

To the mountains you both went. There was a nearby cabin that Haechan had booked beforehand and he told you that you'd both stay there for three days.

"Why only three days?" you asked, disappointed. You thought he'd bring you back to the hospital but Haechan shook his head.

"Because we have other places to go, other things to do," he told you softly, leaning forward to kiss you on the lips. The way you brightened up was enough to make him feel like he had made the right decision.

The mountain tops were dusted with gold when you arrived and you shivered, Haechan hugging you towards him when he brought you in. It was a small cabin and you'd stay there. It wasn't much but it was better than the white-walled hospital room.

There was a guitar in the corner of the room and you pointed from where you were on the couch. Haechan tugged his coat off, sighing when he realized that you both were in an isolated place with no bodyguards behind the door.

He could do anything with you, to you, and enjoy his time with you without feeling like he had so much to lose.

And damn, was it awkward. He dropped down to a seat beside you, casually placing a hand on your shoulder to pull you against him. You gingerly leaned against his chest allowing the silence to take over, Haechan rubbing your shoulder softly.

It was peaceful like this and you glanced at the guitar that was by the corner.

"Play me a song," you requested.

"About you?" he asked and you shook your head, closing your eyes. You focused on Haechan's breathing.

"Thank you, Donghyuck," you breathed and Haechan's arms wrapped around you from behind, the male pulling you onto his lap fully so you were cradled against his chest. "For everything you've done."

He was quiet, Haechan pressing his lips against your neck from behind, his eyes fluttering close at the overwhelming warmth he was feeling.

"You're worth it," he told you softly.

"I'm not worth all this."

"I disagree," he murmured and you shifted, turning to face him. "I disagree. You're worth this and so much more."

He kissed you softly and you raveled at how his lips felt. The seconds in between breaths, he mumbled against your collar bone.

"I think I'm in love with you," he told you and you couldn't help but feel like both of you were walking on dangerous waters. Your eyes watered at his words.

No, Donghyuck. Please don't say that, you cried.

Loving me is an island.

You're going to be alone and isolated.

He was firm with the words that followed.

"I love you," he corrected and you shook your head, weakly trying to push him away. You knew he cared about you. You just hoped that he wasn't in deep but he was. "I don't know how to tell you how I feel but I do love you."

You began to sob at his words because you knew it would end with only pain for Haechan.

"So let me, okay?" he asked, pushing your hair away from your face. "Just be with me for a moment. Right now."

You both would waste time together, Haechan finally allowing himself to get lost in your presence. Clothes off by the fireplace and the crackling of the flames. He was gentle with you, palms against your stomach to make sure you'd feel how much he loved you.

All of him took all of you, your arms around his neck and his lips against yours.

"I want to forget the world with you," he told you that night. "It's just you and me."

Death be damned. You brought out a side of Haechan that surprised him.

With you, he was braver.

You made him feel so far away yet so close.

And in time, he'd tell himself there would be no one who he'd love as much as you.

"Play me a song," you asked again, tugging the blanket over your body. Haechan smiled, his topless body going to the side to grab the guitar that was leaning against the wall. You yawned, Haechan sitting by your body, the flames warming both your bodies.

He strummed the guitar experimentally.

Loving you is an island (but it's all I've ever wanted)

Dropping down from the sky
Into the depths of your soul
There's only you for me to hold

It may kill me to love you,through time we bondedLoving you is an islandbut it's all I've ever wanted