but it's all that i've ever wanted

If you have enjoyed or are enjoying what I have written, send me a tweet about the stories so I can retweet it: #mandaleeff #Song4YouNCT #HAECHAN

Let's connect on twitter!: mandallees

Much love <3

"Hello, we are Watermelon On a Sunny Day!" Mark chirped, Haechan blinking his red dry eyes

"Hello, we are Watermelon On a Sunny Day!" Mark chirped, Haechan blinking his red dry eyes. Man, his body was buzzing from the weed. "We're here to play a song for you. Icecream through a thunderstorm!"

Haechan smirked, winking at a woman that had caught his eye. His player personality had shown through this whole tour, different women in his tent each county. He promised himself that he would stop but he couldn't be in a relationship.

Not yet.

He pushed his sunglasses up to hide the redness and began to play. They had met a few Koreans along the way. Two, in fact. The male named Jeno Lee and his girlfriend—was she his girlfriend? Haechan did not know.

After they finished their stage for Tomorrowland, they all had a beer. Jeno said something about throwing a CD to Matthew Lee and Haechan thought to himself that Johnny Suh really did start a trend. Mark was smiling when Jeno talked about Matthew Lee.

Haechan knew that look. He once talked about Matthew Lee like that. He still did. He took a sip of his beer, trying to not laugh at how innocent Jeno sounded. Jeno's music was good. He had a talent, Haechan knew he'd make it one way or another.

And Jeno did, fast forward five years after, Jeno was one of the biggest DJ's out there. Haechan and Mark had a reasonably fast growing fanbase and they both pumped out albums that were hits.

The news of Matthew and Mark being brothers had given them a bit of backlash, people saying that Mark had his career given to him. They had to prove that they had talent with Mark's deep vibrato and Haechan's angelic singing.

They did prove themselves over the years to be artists of talent, their songs not only bringing out happiness but a plethora of emotions from their listeners. They had mastered the art of soulful lyrics and simple chorus'.

Sometimes the bridges and chorus of their songs did not connect but that was the beauty of it. Mismatched beats and lyrics that made you question what the norm was. Happy, sad, hopeful, despair all in one and Haechan loved how music was an art to him and his best friend.

His life was going amazing and never had he thought that he'd ever be in such a place five years ago. He was famous, he was successful but he was empty.

Had he always felt empty? He had no idea but it was a feeling that crept through him one day. It was numbing but it was also searing, the feeling leaving him wondering what else he could ever want.

He was a happy man, he told himself. So why... Why would be bothered by such a feeling? He pushed it away and did not give it much thought but it would come back—in meetings, while he was singing, while he was in the shower... He thought that maybe he'd need Mark right beside him.