through time we bonded

"What do you think of having a sub-company under what we have at the moment? A label for a different genre of music?" Matthew Lee asked as he paced back and forth in front of the screens in his office, his earpods in his ear

"What do you mean, Mr. Lee?" one of them asked. "Do you not think that it might be a sudden expansion?"

"We don't have to directly own it; it can be a subsidiary. We're already managing Johnny Suh and he's been doing great."

"Have you found a manager for him?"

"We're shifting through profiles. I found one from someone named Moon Tae-il. He studied talent acquisition but he completed his masters in Talent Management," Matthew said. "He seems like a capable man who'd be able to keep Johnny within reigns. You know how DJs are sometimes."

"Hmm, sounds like a plan."

"I'll have my secretary check the recruitment plan for this year. I think we'll sign a few more people in. There are a lot of hidden gems out there."

"Have you taken a look at the rising YouTube stars I've sent you?"

Matthew shook his head. They were good but they were conventional.

"I'll check them out later," he lied. "Back to the topic—"

"What genre are thinking of? Country is hardly a genre people indulge in anymore, Mr. Lee. I hope you know that."

"Indie," Matthew corrected. "Pop-Indie. Country is still music, Mr. Wong. I don't accept genre-slander around here."

"I apologize," the man replied, hands in the air and Matthew nodded to show that his apology was accepted. "And this band, are they any good?"

"Hardly a band. A two-man band, I guess. I haven't spoken to them about it just yet. Trust me when I say they are good," Matthew said before tapping his finger on the desk.

"If that's the direction you want for the company, I really have no say in it. I can tell you're already going to revise the business proposal to the investors."

"The vision for the company is have a sub-unit for different types of genres. I don't want us to stick to only what sells or what is trendy," he stated. "The best time to start is now."

"If that's what you say," Mr. Wong replied.

"Schedule a meeting with the investors. Get financial statements ready of how much of a budget we can use. We need PR for these two but not much. Maybe just through social media and Youtube Ads," Matthew instructed. He gave Mr. Wong a number and Mr. Wong kept note of that. "Now is the hard part."

The hard part wasn't to convince the investors, the hard part was getting the both of them on board.

Or so he thought.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________