and everything that is true

The next morning, both you and Haechan went out to the courtyard to take a walk

The next morning, both you and Haechan went out to the courtyard to take a walk. The morning dew could still be felt and for some reason, you wanted to stay out a bit longer. You felt like he would be taken away from you soon so you clung to him.

Haechan laughed at how you were acting, his hands supporting you around the waist with his cheek pressed against your shoulder.

"Pick me up," you told him and he looked at you questioningly.

"Pick you up like a handbag?" he joked and you giggled, your face glowing from being able to spend time with him.

"In your arms."

"Am I not doing that?"

"I want you to mean it," you tell him and Haechan had no idea what that meant. "I want you to pick me up and mean it."

Leave it up to you to come up with the weirdest demands, Haechan placing you on his feet like all the other times when you wanted to dance and hugged you against him. You hummed against his chest, your arms around his shoulders.

"What's happening?" he asked bluntly. "You're scaring me."

"Because I want to be loved?" you ask and he realized that maybe you just needed a bit of support. As you held onto him you knew that your time was coming to an end—your eyes falling onto your father who was standing by the entrance of the hospital.

He was staring at you.

"Don't you think that you need to head back inside?" Haechan asked and you shook your head.

Not yet.

You hugged him tighter.

"A little bit more," you pleaded. Haechan allowed you to take the lead, his lips finding your forehead when you saw your father motion to you, the nurses beginning to walk towards you. "Donghyuck?"

"Mhmm?" Haechan asked back.

"I'm not going to make it easy for them."

He didn't understand what that meant until they reached you.

Then it began, the screams as they began to drag you back into the hospital. You were weak and you were frail but it was the first time Haechan had seen you exert all your strength against the people who were trying to control you.

Your eyes met him for a split second, your arms fighting the nurses under your father's orders. Haechan found himself rooted on the spot, unable to move at the sudden situation that rose when he realized what was happening.

They were trying take you away from him.

That was when Haechan impulsively tried to get to you. The only thought in his mind was that he wanted to hold you and make you stop crying. They were not gentle with you.

Why were they not gentle with you? Why would they allow you to cry?

Did they not love you?

Not like him.

Your voice rose into a high-pitched scream and Haechan felt someone shove him backwards, his body hitting the ground. Your choked sobs were the only thing that he could focus on, Haechan's ears ringing from the impact when a voice spoke.

Your father glaring at him through his thick-rimmed glasses.

Not an ounce of kindness in those eyes.

"Stay away from my daughter," he said and Haechan watched from the ground as he walked away.

Oh, Romeo.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You don't know how long you cried, trying to wrap your mind around the fact that you might not ever see Haechan ever again. You sat by the window, hearing the two hired guards speak amongst themselves in front of your VIP room door.

You hated your parents. You hated how they treated you like something they could control and discard.

You did not notice a shadow that cast from above, Haechan swinging down from the rooftop. He saw you almost automatically, the male thanking the gods that he had figured out how to get to you.

"There is no need to cry," he found himself saying as he slipped past the window, losing his balance and falling onto the ground. He froze, his eyes on the door, scared that the guards may barge in. "There is no need to cry. I'm here now."

He repeated and your lips turned down, Haechan going to embrace you tightly.

"Silly girl," he murmured. "Did you think I'd let them do this to you?"

He was your only source of comfort so you cried against his shoulder, telling him that you hated them. He listened to you, letting you pour out your heart to him.

"I'm already dying," you whispered. "Why must they make it hard for me?"

"Your father is a megalomaniac; your mother is a sycophant and your sister.... Your sister is a bystander to all this," Haechan murmured and you agreed. "It's okay."

He hated the way you said that you were dying. Haechan wanted nothing but for you to rest your eyes from the tears you had shed. He was okay with just being there with you, holding your hand.

He'd figure it out and even if they would try to keep him away from you, Haechan wouldn't go down without a fight.

You rolled onto your side, refusing to let go of him. Haechan did not want to leave despite being in the same funeral clothes for two days straight, the male patting your back when you spoke.

"Take me away," you whispered before sleep took over your body. "Please take me away."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________