i miss you

On the seventh day after your death, the sky cried and Haechan was sent a package addressed to him from you

On the seventh day after your death, the sky cried and Haechan was sent a package addressed to him from you. He had no idea how you did it but he guessed it would be with the help of your sister's secretary.

It was a short letter and your hands must have been trembling when you wrote it. The ink was smudged and Haechan imagined you crying because you knew the time had come.

"You can still have a happy ending without me," you had written. "You were my oasis, Donghyuck."

"Keep on missing me and know I'm missing you, too."

"Even when I'm gone, the streetlights will still shine on you."

Three sentences.

Haechan flipped the paper over to see that you had signed it ever so sloppily with a small heart. A small scribble in the middle and he smiled when he realized you had written down "I love you".

A few more hearts around the "I love you" and he pictured you trying to decorate it. You were cute like that. Life or death, you wanted to give him your best. The hearts faded gradually and he knew you had gotten tired.

The words came from you and Haechan knew that you would have wanted the best for him.

So, he did what he did best—create music in the sound of your name.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________