i'll bring my love for you to my grave

This was when reality and fantasy collided

And Haechan could feel his heartbreak into little pieces. You were rushed to the hospital when you found it hard to breathe. Both of you were holding each other on the bed and you could hardly speak, Haechan burying his face in the crook on your neck.

Every second that passed made his stomach churn until you whispered that you loved him.

"I can't breathe, Donghyuck," you whispered. That was when you were brought back to the white walls and the smell of medicine, Haechan pacing back and forth. Your sister had arrived soon after, Haechan hugging himself and trying to get rid of the settling feeling when it came.

It wasn't an 'I'm sorry', it was a shout from the room when your name was said and the doctor announced the time of death.

"Time of death," the doctor said and Haechan could not hear anything else after that, the male sinking onto his knees as your sister let out a sob, the female pounding on her chest as if it hurt to breathe.

It collided and it burst into flames. Haechan was ready to wage war with the heavens to bring you back, the male sinking onto his knees on the ground. Mark let him, he allowed Haechan to cry. He needed it because all he could do was say your name over and over again.

Your sister was in hysterics now, not caring about the eyes of the people who were watching them. Her screams were an indication of her loss but Haechan was silent.

Tears ran down his cheeks, his lips pressed tightly in a straight line. His pain was silent because he knew that it would not bring you back.

Pain, you told him. Our story is about pain, Haechan.

Oh god, he hated how it was true. He hated that God took you away from him.

Your sister could not look at your body but that was the only thing Haechan could think of. He had hugged your cold body, your eyes shut and he wondered what your last thought was.

Was it about him? Were you angry that you had to leave?

Of course not, Haechan thought. You were probably thankful. You were kind like that.

"Take your time," the doctor told Haechan as he finally sat beside your body, his hand holding yours. He didn't know how long it was because he lost track of time, murmuring to himself. "I understand that it's hard."

You understand nothing, Haechan wanted to say.

This is the love of my life and she has been taken away from me.

Your funeral was private and meant to be just for family but Haechan went.

He deserved to be there. He deserved to be there because he loved you and you loved him.

He had fought with the guards, yelling at them to bring him in until your sister escorted him. Your parents cried and Haechan thought to himself that he did not deserve to cry.

They did not love you like he did.

They tried to take him away because his pain was no longer silent. He found himself screaming at your parents.

All she wanted was to be loved by you. You failed her, all of you!

Only when he reached home did Haechan cry again, back into his hole of misery.

"She wouldn't want you to be sad," Mark said to him. "She loved you just as much as you loved her."

But words could not comfort Haechan.

Unless it came from you.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________