three

A heavy sigh escapes my lips as I push open the bathroom door

A heavy sigh escapes my lips as I push open the bathroom door. Swiftly I bend over and look underneath all the stalls feeling tears invading through my eyes. Once I had seen no one was in here I let another heavy, shaky sigh escapes my lips going to the sinks. I tightly grip the edges shaking my head from side to side.

"Y/N?" A gentle voice spoke and I quickly turn my head relaxing when I lock eyes with Kay's, who's eyeing me curiously. "Dude, what was that back there? It's the first day of school."

"Yeah no dip Kat," I snap, not meaning too but I push myself away from the sink facing away from my best friend. I wipe at my eyes rubbing my eyes over my face feeling the girl staring at me.

"Y/N, come on talk to me. What's-"

"He had no right bringing up my mother," I said cutting my friend over spinning around. Our eyes lock and I shake my head. "I replay that night over and over again!"

"Y/N, you're mom passing had nothing to do with you," Kat said, her voice gentle shaking her head.

"We don't know that! I was there Kat. In the back seat! I was- was bothering her, distracting her. If I wasn't there, if I hadn't of gone through with that date-"

"Sh, sh hey. Deep breathes," Kat cut me off walking towards me going to place her hands on my shoulders but I take a step bac shaking my head. Sniffles escape through the air and I bite my lip.

"I can't believe I let that cockroach get under my skin." I shake my head running my hand through my hair.

"Yeah, but it happens-" Kat pauses then continues. "Want me to go all Sam Puckett on him or?"

A small chuckle escapes my lips remembering Kat and I would always watch ICarly when we were younger. She loved Sam and honestly I did too. She brought a lot to the show and there's been countless times where both Kat and I have wanted to use the famous butter sock.

"Alright well Ms. newbie wanted me to come get you. She wants you back in class," Kat says shrugging.

I shake my head. "I can't go back in there Kat. It's just not happening."

"I know but I don't think it'd hurt if you at least talk to Ms. Debnam-Carey."

I tilt my head eyeing the girl. She shrugs and I lean up against the wall. "And why would I do that? Asshole gave me detention."

"Well I'm not sure she's the asshole-" Kat pauses when her eyes land on mine. She puts up her hands in defense. "Okay, okay. Fine, fine."

"Thank you for agreeing with me." Kat shakes her head and I look away from her, to the ground.

"So what are we going to do? Because I'm sure she's going to go by the book and if we don't go back she's going to call the office. They're going to start coming looking for us, but even now we really shouldn't be in the bathroom. Administration checks them every 15 minutes."