sixteen

"Okay Y/N I'm going to be doing your testing," a nurse said coming into the room with a cart

"Okay Y/N I'm going to be doing your testing," a nurse said coming into the room with a cart. My eyes swiftly looked from her to the cart back to her. Worry coming over me. "Um, are you family?" The nurse looks to Alycia and Alycia shakes her head no. "I'm going to have to ask you to leave-"

"No! Please," I quickly said grabbing a hold of Alycia's hand without even thinking as she was getting up from the chair and going to walk away. I looked to her and she looked to me, giving me a small smile.

"It'll be okay. I'll wait right outside," Alycia said, keeping the smile on her face as her green eyes flick back and forth between my own. I shake my head, swiftly though.

"I don't want to be alone," I whisper, feeling my stomach twist really not wanting her to leave. Her eyes tear from me and to the nurse. The nurse looks to the both of us and then walks further into the room, closing the door.

"I don't know she's here," the nurse said giving me a soft smile. I nod and feel Alycia shift in her position as she keeps her hand interlocked with mine. I nod and watch the nurse set up. She explains everything she's going to be doing and honestly it sounds like torture, pain even. I didn't get why she had to do so many tests. But I guess it's just part of the process. It helps better with cases if there's DNA involved. A low sigh escapes my lips as we begin, Alycia not once letting go of my hand or leaving me.

<<<<>>>>

"They called the cops didn't they?" I ask after the nurse had left. My eyes stay down at my hands that stay in my lap. Alycia gets up from the chair and takes a seat on the bed, facing me. I pick up my head and look to her, locking our eyes.

"Yeah, but hey it's going to be okay," Alycia says reaching her hand over and placing it over mine.

"My dad's the sheriff," I whisper and see her eyes go wide. "I don't want to talk to him about this..."

Alycia bites her lip, slowly nodding her head. "If it comes to that, I'll be here for you. You've got this."

I shake my head, taking a big inhale. I slowly exhale just as several knocks appear at the door except the door flies open with my father coming in with another officer. My breathe hitches and he rushes over wrapping his arms around me.

"Jesus kid," he mumbles as I tense. Alycia's hand disappears from mine. My eyes glance to her to see her standing up. I bite my lip and tear my eyes away and to my father who pulls away from me. "What happened? Who hurt you? I'll kill them."

"Dad, please," I say, my voice low shaking my head from side to side. "I'm fine."

"Fine? Kid someone attacked you," my father spoke and I tore my eyes away. "I want their name at Y/N. I want everything on this person. Who they, what they do, where this attacked occurred-"