twenty-six

"Mind telling me why the whole damn school is saying you and Michael slept together?" Kat's voice speaks walking up to me

"Mind telling me why the whole damn school is saying you and Michael slept together?" Kat's voice speaks walking up to me. I slightly turn my head, briefly locking eyes with the girl. I had managed to keep a low profile all day but I have noticed all the lingering eyes and the whispering when I walk by. "Hello? You had sex with dick head and you-HEY!" I grab her arm and drag her to the nearest empty classroom. I push her in and close the door behind me. When I turn back around my eyes lock with Kat's as she tilts her head to the side.

"Last time we did this you told me about that girl you went on a date with and almost fucked," Kat said and I clenched my jaw remaining silent. My eyes stayed on the girl's as she squinted her eyes. "Okay, dude come on. Tell me what happened with you and Michael because last time I recall you were very much gay and wanted nothing to do with dicks-"

"He raped me," I spoke quickly looking away from the girl. My eyes dropped to the ground and silence filled the room. I crossed my arms over my chest, feeling my stomach twisting knowing this was to come sooner or later.

"What? N-No. He said that you gave consent..."

"And you believe that. Kat, I'm gay. I like girls and only girls-" I say pausing while lifting up my head. "I would never, ever have sex with a boy let alone Michael Jaspers."

My head slowly lifts. As I lift it my eyes lock with Kat's seeing confusion crossed over her face as she shakes her head from side to side. I sink my teeth into my bottom lip having a bad feeling by her reaction right now.

"You don't believe me..." I whisper and back up a bit.

"It's not that I don't believe you Y/N-"

"Then what is it? Do you need me to go into detail of what he did and said to me? Do you need video proof? There's already DNA proof, but then again since that asshat claimed we both gave consent it could be put out of evidence," I say cutting Kat off seeing out of the corner of my eye the girl staring at me, with the most serious face I've ever seen on her.

"Y/N, please tell me this is a joke," Kat says and I can't help the chuckle that escapes my lips.

"Where do you think I was yesterday Kat?" I ask, looking at her feeling tears welling into my eyes as the bell rings. A deep, heavy sigh escapes my lips as Kat shakes her head. "You know what, forget it. As someone who's supposed to be my best friend I thought you'd be there for me. Guess I was wrong." I turn on my heels, turning my back to the girl as I open the classroom door. I head out hearing Kat say my name once. But I don't stop. I head out the door and follow the small flow of my peers getting down the hall and turning into Alycia's classroom. I didn't even want to come in here. Friday was still stuck in my head and I'm not even sure how this is going to play out, but I guess it doesn't matter. My life is just screwed up in more ways than one. Mother dies in a car crash, somehow I survived. I'm failing classes. I was raped. I kissed my teacher. My best friend doesn't believe me. Hell, seriously what else could possibly go wrong. Death?