thirty

I stare at the top of the tent

I stare at the top of the tent. I haven't been to sleep, hell I haven't slept since the end of the trial. My head just wouldn't let me sleep. Even now.

I laid next to Alycia. As far as I know she was sound to sleep. I pretended to go to sleep only because I didn't want her to worry and I wanted her to rest. She needs it. Slowly I turn my head towards her seeing her body shaking. I furrow my brows and gently sit up, leaning against my forearms to try and look over to see her face.

"Alycia?" I say out loud softly, keeping my eyes on the back of her. She doesn't move but her body continues to shake. Hesitantly I reach over and place my hand on her arm causing her to jump and turn, locking our eyes immediately. My eyes swiftly went back and forth between her eyes, before realizing she was still shaking. "Hey, here. Come here."

I quickly sit up more and adjust the blankets, opening it up before looking at the woman. She shakes her head from side to side and I nod. "I c-can't, Y/N," Alycia shivers out.

"Alycia, you're freezing. Please come on," I respond back, pleading. Alycia hesitates looking back and forth between my eyes then glancing at the zipped up tent door. We sit in silence for a moment before Alycia nods her head in defeat. Swiftly she moves closer to me, the back of her body going against mine. I freeze but turn to my side so she better fits into this u-shaped space. Once she's close I toss the blankets over the both of us and feel her shaking against my body.

"You should warm up shortly," I whisper gently, pulling my arm away, but feel the girl grab it, placing it over her. I let her and lay down staring at the back of her head before a small smile dances onto my lips.

"Th-Thank you," Alycia whispers and I nod knowing she couldn't see me.

"Of course," I respond back feeling her intertwine her fingers with mine. We hold one another's hand, but neither one of us talk anymore. Before long I could feel her shivering stop. A small smile spreads to my lips at the thought that she was finally warm.

<<<<>>>>

"You're up early," Alycia's voice speaks tearing my eyes away from the water and trees. I traveled a little bit away from camp, but good thing was you were still able to see it, so I could keep an eye on it while Alycia slept.

"Yeah, so are you," I respond giving a gentle smile, as my eyes scanned her swiftly. She wore her hair in a ponytail, with a flannel and jeans on. She wore boots and honestly it was a whole look for her. She looked good both in and outside of school. I tear my eyes away and look back out at the view hearing the girl walk closer before taking a seat next to me. Both our legs dangling over the side of a low cliff.