thirty-three

"And then he was like, well how about Friday? Ya know what, I'm not giving you a choice

"And then he was like, well how about Friday? Ya know what, I'm not giving you a choice. I'll be by your place at 7. Be ready. Then he hung up!" Kat explains through the phone as I sit on the back porch looking out to the woods.

"So you're going then?" I ask letting the phone sit beside me, full volume in order to hear. I didn't feel like holding it.

"Hell yeah I am! It's Brad freaking Calebs! Hello, freaking basketball team and lacrosse. Yep, no freaking hottie!" Kat exclaims and I roll my eyes pulling my knees up to my chest. "Now all we gotta do is fine you a perfectly good girl. How about... Tina Hershey?"

"Tina's straight," I say.

"Oh..." Kat says her voice trailing. I roll my eyes again as Kat begins going on about my love life before changing subjects fast. I sit and listen till I hear the back gate open. Swiftly my head turns around and my eyes lock with Alycia's. I swiftly reach down and pick up the phone.

"Kat, let me call you back," I say quickly cutting Kat off before hitting the end call button giving Kat no time to respond. However as soon as I hit end call i stand up stuffing my phone into my back pocket.

"I knocked and no one answered. Then I heard Kat talking and assumed you were back here," Alycia explains and I nod, staying silent. Alycia stands several feet away from me. It wasn't hard to notice the distance. "I need you to hear me out."

"And why would I do that?" I ask, looking back and forth between the girl's green eyes.

"Because... Because you need to hear why I did what I did." I stay silent keeping my eyes on her, waiting patiently. She nods taking a step closer. "Mark knows about us that's why he stabbed me and pushed me. He was angry and he was drunk. He threatened me before that trip to expose us. I told him, I asked what I could do. He told me to end things and be his."

"Alycia, he's going to kill you," I say, my voice low. "You need to get out of there. You can't keep choosing him after everything he's done to you. I don't care if he exposes us. He has no proof. You have physical proof that, that douchebag of a person is hurting you. He killed your baby Alycia! He could've killed you!"

"You don't get it Y/N! A relationship like this is complicated!"

"But it's not! You can leave! There is people who are willing to help you!"

"Who? You? You're 18, you can't help me Y/N!"

"I can't help you? I'm more than capable, but glad to see how you truly see me-" I pause, looking down to the ground. "I think you should go."

"Y/N, that's... I didn't mean-"

"You need to go Alycia," I say cutting the girl off. Silence fills the air and I shift in my position before feeling the girl get closer to me. I pick up my head and as I do I briefly meet Alycia's eyes before her lips lock with mine. There's no hesitation from either one of us as our lips lock. I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her closer to me. Her arms wrapping around me, running her hands through my hair. I knew we shouldn't be doing this. I knew I was angry at her for choosing him, for going back to him. But at the same time... I wanted her. All of her.