Chapter 10

October 2005

"Would you believe me, if I told you I'm in a gang?"

Takemichi froze when the girl asked such a question. He already knew that the person next to him was a member of Toman. Hell, she was the 6th Division Captain and to top it off, he's a member of her division.

The blonde contemplated if he should just answer her question, or come clean and let her know that he already knew. To tell the truth, Takemichi was afraid of her.

'Sh-She's gonna tell me now?! How am I gonna answer that? Should I tell her? Ah, fuck it!' He thought.

"Uh, yeah?" He hesitantly answered.

'What the hell was that?!' The blonde scolded himself. But then he heard a faint chuckle.

"Kinda unexpected huh?" She said.

"I guess I should introduce myself, Tokyo Manji Gang, 6th Division Captain, (L/N) (Y/N). Alias "Ace"." She smirked at him.

.

.

.

"What? You're not gonna say anything?" (Y/N) was starting to feel concerned when Takemichi just continued to gawk at her after she revealed herself.

The blonde boy recollected himself and immediately denied, "N-No! I mean, it's unexpected." He hastily got up from his seat on the swing and unexpectedly bowed to her.

"Thanks for havin' me, Captain!" He blurted out.

"Y-You idiot!" She blushed. "You don't have to do that. It's embarrassing!"

Takemichi grinned before asking the girl next to him a question that he had left him curious all along.

"(L/N)-senpai," He said.

"You can call me (Y/N), ya know?"

"Then, (Y/N)..." The boy had a slight blush on his face for calling another girl by their name. It would definitely take some time for him to get used to it.

"Why would you hide your identity in Toman?" He asked.

She sighed, 'knew it.'

"Can I ask you something, Takemichi?"

"What is it?"

"When you first saw me in school, what kind of person did you think I was?"

Takemichi took a moment to think carefully to answer her question.

"You can tell me the truth, I won't bite." She reassured.

"I... I thought you were kind. Someone who's really smart and responsible. You were a leader and respectful, and everyone admired you for that." He answered truthfully.

"Bet you'd never thought I was a gang member, right?"

"...Yeah."

"To tell the truth, I'm afraid. I'm afraid of what people will think of me when they found out, that a "student representative, with perfect grades and excellent behaviour," was actually a gang member who "beats up people and do illegal shit outside of school." I try to not involve Toman into my school life because I don't want my mom to think that I'm such a delinquent. I wanna grow up, and get a stable job to support my mom and not be a burden to her any longer.