Chapter 17

December 2005

"Hey, (L/N)!"

Shit.

Hanma Shuji.

(Y/N) flinched at the person who called her out infront of everyone like they were five miles away from each other. She slowly looked at back and was met with Hanma's overwhelming height that towered over her.

Suddenly, Takemichi's words echoed in her mind about how she actually married the guy. Just what kind of sorcery did he do to get her to fall for him?

Of course, now that (Y/N) knows the future, she needs to be wary around Hanma from now on. Because of the fact that he was associated with Kisaki, surely he's got some bad intentions when it involved her.

"Hey, Hanma." She greeted casually.

"Whatcha doin' here?" He grinned.

(Y/N) nervously averted her gaze and looked to the side, "Nothing, just gonna go grab something to eat—"

"Oh really me too! Let's go together." Without letting the girl finish her sentence, Hanma took her hand and dragged her away.

"Wha—hey!"

It was a bit hard for her to catch up with the tall male due to his long legs. And the fact that he was just dragging her wherever didn't help either.

"Does ramen sound good?" He asked while glancing back at her.

"Uh, yeah." She replied.

"Great! I know this good ramen joint just down this street. Let's to eat to our hearts content!" He exclaimed.

"I'd rather not..." She mumbled quiet enough to not let him hear her.

Soon, they sat down facing opposites of each other in the restaurant while waiting for their food. Hanma, for some reason, wouldn't stop staring at her the whole time. (Y/N) realised and she was a hundred percent uncomfortable with the way he was looking at her like some weirdo.

"Is there something on my face?" She asked after several minutes of awkward silence.

"Nah, I just think you're cute."

WHAT

The sudden bold statement caught the girl off guard and she immediately avoided his gaze the second time and coughed into her fist to clear her throat.

Honestly, what a pain.

"Aw, don't glare at me like that. Gonna make me think you hate me." He said in a jokingly hurtful way.

(Y/N) clicked her tongue in irritation, "I don't hate you." Hanma giggled.

"Oh, right. I forgot to tell you that I actually didn't bring any money. You don't mind paying for me, right? Consider it as payment for saving you back then!" He said.

(Y/N) felt her vein throb at what he just said. He was the one to drag her to a restaurant, then claiming he had no money and she ended up paying for two.

But then again, she remembered that few months ago, he saved her from that alleyway from a group of thugs. So it's just the right thing to pay him back with some food right?

"Oh, right. Back then." She trailed off. "Why did you save me?"

"It's just the right thing to do isn't it?"

"No offense, but you don't strike me as the person who would do the right things." She said honestly.

"Meanie." He pouted but (Y/N) chuckled because she found it cute.