Chapter 18

December 2005

"You ready?"

"Yeah. I'll meet you guys at the same place yesterday."

"Alright, see you there."

(Y/N) hangs up the phone after a brief call with her blonde haired friend, Chifuyu. It was finally the next day when the three would give their answer to Kisaki to join forces in stopping Hakkai.

She made her finishing touches in the mirror after dressing up in her Toman attire. A shiny object caught her peripheral vision and she turned to see the silver flower clip that she always used. Always thought of the thing as just an accessory, but it was now labeled as something so precious and valuable.

Her thumb carresed along the embedded jewel in the engraved flowers, towards the pointed edge of the clip, (Y/N) sighed when she remembered the first day she got it as a surprise gift from Baji Keisuke.

Poor boy was a stuttering mess and refused to look at her in the eye the whole time while he shakily held his hand out that was holding a small, white paper bag. To which he later became a tomato when she gave him a quick hug from excitement, and she could remember their snickering friends who failed to conceal their presence from the behind the bushes from spying on them.

(Y/N) wasn't one to fawn over jewellery, but if it looks nice, she'll consider it. When Mitsuya, Draken, and Kazutora started wearing their earrings, she found it cool and wanted to try it out, only to back out last minute because of the painful process she had to go through to get one.

She stood back infront of the mirror and clipped back her fringe from blocking her vision from her right eye. Taking a brief look at the permanent scar running down her left eye, she left the room and onto her bike.

____________________________

As discussed, (Y/N) met with Chifuyu and Takemichi at the bottom of the bridge where they were set to meet Kisaki. They all nodded at each other before ascending the stairs.

It wasn't hard to spot them as they were the only ones on the bridge. It looked like they were discussing something among themselves before they spotted the three that just arrived, heading towards their way.

"That didn't take long." Kisaki started, "So, got an answer for me?"

"We'll work together with you til' christmas is over." Takemichi said.

"A wise judgement. That really helps me out." Kisaki smirked.

Chifuyu clicked his tongue in distaste, "We just wanna protect Hakkai. There's no need to get all buddy, buddy."

"Not that I care, but it's nice to be on the same team right, (Y/N)?" Hanma smirked.

"Do you ever shut up? I have no intention to talk to you at all." The girl shrugged him off.

"This is one crooked team," Kisaki leans on the railing of the bridge on his back.

"Our goal is the only thing we have in common." Takemichi sighs.

"I can't fuckin' stand you two." Chifuyu spat.

"What's our team name gonna be? C4U? The Hanmas? Or team kill' em all?" Hanma kept rambling.

"Just shut the fuck up for like, five minutes that'll be great. Thanks." (Y/N) crossed her arm and rested them on the railing.

"Now that that's settled," Chifuyu steps away from the railing and shoved his hands into his pockets, "There's no reason to stay here any longer with you two. Let's go (Y/N), Takemitchy."