Chapter 14

A/n: I feel like y'all gonna have a meltdown reading this chapter.

Don't come for me.

__________________________

November 18th, 2017

The time-leaper opened his eyes, and was met with the view of his old job at the dvd rental store.

'I'm back in the present. To the rental shop. The manager, everything seems to look the same.'

"Sorry to keep you waiting." The manager, Hasagawa bowed politely to him.

"What?"

"The video you're looking for, doesn't appear to be in stock at this location." She says.

"Huh?" Takemichi stared around in confusion before looking down at his own attire.

'What the?! Something's different! What's with this watch, and this top class bag?!' He managed to catch a glimpse of his black slicked back hair in the mirror, 'What the hell? What's with my hair?!'

'I don't look like myself...'

"Sir?" Hasegawa asked.

"Huh? U-Uh... it's okay, then!" He stuttered and immediately left the store.

"Please come again!"

The ravenette continued to examine his sudden luxurious self in the mirror of the glass doors and hurriedly walked away, but a gruff voice stopped him from going any further.

"Took you long enough, Takemichi." They said. "You sure love this rental shop, don't ya?"

'Who is this?' Takemichi looked at the guy with long brown hair, and wore round glasses.

"Let's go." He said.

"Yikes..."

"Hurry up and get in." The man motioned him to get into the fancy sports car waiting infront of the store.

"Huh?"

_____________________________

"Hey, Takemichi. What're you spacin' out for? We're here."

"Oh right."

Takemichi stepped out from the car and was suddenly greeted by dozens of men outside of a building entrance.

"Good day, sir!"

"Eek!"

"Took you long enough, Takemichi."

"How long're you gonna keep us waiting?"

Out of all the men that stood before him, two of them caught his eye because of how familiar they look.

"Yamagishi! You need to keep him in line!"

'Wait, Yamagishi?!'

"Shut up. His slow ass wanted to rent some DVD's or somethin'" Yamagishi grumbled.

'Then that means they're Makoto... and Takuya!' Takemichi looked at the two grown men infront of him.

"Come on, let's go." Makoto called out to Takemichi.

"Second-in-command's getting impatient. Boss!" Takuya said.

'Wait, does this mean... in the future I'm successful?!'

Takuya, Makoto and Yamagishi escorted Takemichi to his apartment complex while he looked around in astonishment. Not believing that he was living the high life in this present time.