❀ | 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞

Walked through my door, but it felt nothing like home
'Cause you're not home

Walked through my door, but it felt nothing like home'Cause you're not home

I wish there was a way to know which type of storm I was walking into.

Gemma lives in the dormitories, she was obligated to since her father, well who she thought was her father, happened to be the chancellor of Blanchard University, Winston Everett. She found out before harry could ever tell her. This messes up the plan.

It was after midnight so I had to sneak into the back entrance where the teachers usually access the school. The security knew who I was because I was tied to Gemma so he allowed me inside the compound without another glance. Quickly, I walked to her dorm, a million scenarios spinning around my mind of what's gonna happen when I see her.

My heart and feet felt like they stopped working at the same time when I found her door unlocked and slightly ajar. By now, my cup of panic was tipping over the rim.

Held my breath and pushed open the door further, the light from outside spilled into her dark dorm, allowing me to see the chaos inside. My eyes ran through all of the mess, noticing how right I was for worrying because this place was a mess and Gemma was never a mess.

I shut the door and flicked on the lights from the switch on the wall. Chairs flipped, all the items from the tables were on the floor. Picture frames fallen on the ground, the glass shattered and the glass sprawled out across her living room. To my right, the kitchen cupboards were thrown open, all of the plates and glasses lay broken on the wooden floor.

Everything that was breakable, it was broken.

Even the little plants she lined up by the window was on the floor, laid on the grown with broken pots. To my left, the television had a knife buried into the screen to the black handle.

What happened in here?

The sound of a sob tears my eyes away from the mess and to the source of it. I uncontrollably gasped when I saw Gemma hugging her knees to her chest with her arms wrapped around her legs, rocking herself on the wooden floor. "Gemma?" I bolted to her, quickly sitting on the ground and wrapping my arms around her.

She was trembling, she even flinched when I touched her but eased back when she saw it was me. Her opened eyes showed me how the red mixed with the white in her eyes from the crying. "He..." she attempts to tell me, but only broke down further. "It's okay, keep crying," I tell her, pulling her head to my shoulder where she wraps her hand around me instead and kept crying.

She needed to let out how she was feeling, keeping it in wasn't going to make anything better. For a couple of minutes, I sit there on the floor, surrounded by glass and disaster but I didn't care. I kept running my hands down her back, telling her that it will be okay. She'd raise to wipe her runny nose on the sleeve of her shirt before resting her head again on my shoulder.