❀ | 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

Why? Why wait to fight?
Give it a try
Or I'll say goodbye while it's right
Can we save tears in your eyes?

Why? Why wait to fight?Give it a tryOr I'll say goodbye while it's rightCan we save tears in your eyes?

Trigger warning: mentions of violence & drugging

Music turned into fright filled screams so fucking fast.

One minute, I was talking with Niall and then barely a second later, bullets started flying and someone was pushing me down. I pushed against the hand on my back, all my senses and thoughts urging to get to Harry but this hand was forbidding me from moving.

"Stay fucking down, Maddie," Zayn grunted and I looked to the side of me, seeing him pushing all of my friends down so tables that were turned over were blocking us from the bullets. Right now it felt like I was just a visitor in my body, none of these was actually happening. But it was, this is the reality I'm given and right now it's too much for me to realize.

"You need to get them out of here," I told Zayn, knowing that I couldn't because I can't leave here without Harry, Max and even fucking Liam. The way Harry cares for Zayn because of me is the way I care for Liam because of him. Hadn't realised that before we were in this probable life or death situation. I can hear Daphne and Niall screaming at me but I've blanked out everything except Zayn. "Okay," he looks over to them and nods his head hesitantly.

"I'll meet you at the car," he decides. Just as he was about to stand, I wrapped my hand around his wrist to grab his attention again. "If we're not there in twenty minutes, leave. We'll find our way to the cabin," I ordered, pleading with my eyes that he listens to me. Zayn's eyes softened the way that it tells me he disagrees. "Maddie..." he shakes his head.

"Go," I dismissed him. He swallows and grabs their hand, Daphne holding onto Gemma tightly. There were still people rushing out of the building with no one stopping them so Zayn and the others easily blended into them. I don't wonder how easily they went with Zayn or if they'd find a cab or how uncomfortable they'd be with a stranger like Zayn with them. There are three names repeating in my mind and only that.

I hadn't realised that the shooting had stopped as I walked across the dance floor, through the foggy atmosphere. I kept walking, feeling as if I was alone until I saw out three figures. Relief floods through my body as I quickened my pace to realize that the one standing was Harry. However, the closer I got I realized that something was wrong, setting my heartbeat up the scales.

He was standing but unmoving, staring at the unknown man on the floor. He was unconscious and alive, his chest rising and falling with cuts littering his face. My eyes darted to my brother, seeing him pulling the blonde strands of his hair, on his knees with his back arched over, forbidding me from seeing his face.