Tavern Tomfoolery

Isabella leads us to a table close to where the bard is playing some song about a harlot attempting to steal a the lover of a woman.

"The ale is my treat, men!"

She exclaims. Pentious and I know better than to argue with her. She is quick to smite a lad. But alas. Alastor knows not of the dangers that argument will bring. Before I can get a word out-

"Nonsense. I will happily pay for all of our-" I am thankfully quick enough to grab him and cover his mouth. Isabella seems pleased enough. See, she has a reason for not wanting anyone else pay. She is a woman. There are certain things that are expected of women. Paying for drinks is not one of them. Of course, neither is going to a tavern or becoming a knight. But I don't fancy loosing my life over some useless questions. Alastor, deciding that my hand has overstayed it's welcome, bites my hand hard enough to draw blood. I am tempted to moan, but settle for screaming instead.

"Ow! Bloody hell, Alastor! What are you?! A demon?! A flesh-eater?!" I yank my hand away as I shout, holding the spot where he bit me and glaring at him. Isabella and Pentious laugh while Alastor glares back.

"It is your own fault for holding my mouth! What the devil possessed you to do that in the first place?!"

"You're a fopdoodle! When Isabella offers to pay, you leave it at that! Unless you're looking to loose your head!" Pentious nods along with me. Thankfully, Isabella had already gone to get our ale.

"And I'm supposed to know that, how?"

"It wouldn't have mattered. Cherri would have still smitten you." Pentious says speaking the truth. Alastor sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose.

"Still. There are other ways thou could have stopped me. I dislike being touched. Unless you have my permission or I initiate the touching." He takes out a handkerchief and hands it to me.  "I apologize, Angelus. I had no intention of making you bleed. Are you alright?" His tone is gentle and sincere. He doesn't sound worried, but it's obvious he still cares. I shrug it off. No worse than what Valentine has done.

"It's fine. It's only a little bit of blood." Not entirely true. But wounds on the hand tend to bleed more. He shakes his head.

"Just like how there are other ways you could have stopped me, there are other ways I could have gotten you off. My actions are not, 'fine', I assure you."

I beg to differ, but I let it go with an I forgive you. He seems satisfied with that. Soon, Isabella arrives with four mugs of ale.

"Alright, bastards! Drink up!"

She slams the drinks into the table and slides them in our direction. We all  drink deeply from our mugs, finishing them rather quickly. An hour in and we somehow end up on the subject of secrets.

"I fear storms. No real reason. I just do. If I had to guess, I would say it was the thunder." No one is really paying attention. Thankfully.

"I dislike being alone.I may not be fond of people and crowds, but sometimes I wish I had someone to hold me. Or let me hold them."

As I thought. He is a lonely man.

"You and I both."

I receive stares from my friends. They all know of my profession.

"Even with what you do?" Isabella asks.

I nod. "Well, yeah. I will  explain later in private."

"Alright. Until then, more secrets and stories. I will go this time."

Isabella goes on to tell about a time an old friend of hers thought upsetting bees for a small amount of honey was a good idea. Pentious and I already know the tale, so no doubt she's mostly telling Alastor.

"Poor bastard was picking out stingers and  thorns for a foretnite."

By the end of the story, we're all laughing. That story never gets old.

🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺

Another hour. Alastor is looking rather drunk. Seems he can't hold his liquor as well as I can. Makes sense. Neither can Isabella and Pentious. All three of them live lifestyles that can get pretty dangerous and they seem to agree that being sober is the best thing you can do. We continued to share secrets and stories. I learned that Pentious once stood on the table in this tavern and stripped. Then he started dancing. He doesn't remember that himself, but Isabella told him and several people agreed. We continue talking and next thing we know we start talking about sex. Apparently, Alastor is not the only virgin around this table. But I understand. They are unwed. How did we end up talking about something only I have experience in? Simple. They all seem to have questions. Alastor least of all, Isabella most of all. So, here I am answering questions. "My favorite kink is using a riding crop as a cock. You spread oil on it and then shove it up her vagina. Or, if your lady dominates you, up your arse."

Alastor is bright red at this point and looks uncomfortable. At first he seemed closer to annoyed, but now he looks ready to die. "Anyway, that will be enough questions. We do not wish for anyone to overhear. That would be disastrous for all of us." I reach under the table and allow myself to brush my fingers against his hand, hoping that will help. He glances my way and his ever present smile turns into one that says, "thank you". I nod and Isabella seems to get it.

🕥Several minutes later🕥

"Oi! Glasses! I think yer in desperate need of a different face! Come're! Let me help yer!"

Alastor is still drunk as hell. He has not drank any alcohol for a while, but it's not been long enough for him to sober up. Despite this, he still manages to ignore the bloke. That, however, just pisses the bastard off. So, instead of being mature about... Anything, he would much rather swing his sword at  me. I do not have anything to do with the argument. So why would he target me? I get an idea as to why when another sword blocks his from coming any closer to me. I look at the hand holding the sword. Then my gaze travels to his face. I was right. Alastor is the one who protected me. Isabella and Pentious are both standing with their swords halfway drawn, but Alastor was faster.

"Angelus has nothing to do with anything between us! You will leave him the hell alone! Or you will have to answer to ME!" Alastor's voice came out as a growl at the words nothing and me. I watch, my eyes wide width awe. We just met. Yet, he protects me like we have known each other forever. Without warning, someone throws a chair at Isabella. She dodges it, but it hits the man behind her. Soon enough, there's a full fledged tavern brawl. I sigh. "This shall be fun."

______________________

Thank you all for the patience! Love you all!

Also, shout-out to my buddy PJOfan10042 for helping me brainstorm and coming up with some of the ideas! Thank you for that, and the support you give!