Mishap At The Market

On our way home, we run into a little trouble... Ok. More than a little. I've never been in a fight in the streets before, but today seems determined to be eventful. Some areshole decided to challenge Al all because he has a large sword. Al turned him down like the man he is and carried on. I followed. But Brute Arse wasn't about to let things go. Because why would he? It's guys like him that give men a bad name. Always fighting. Hell. I enjoy a good fight as much as the next man. But I don't go looking for fights. Al seems to be the same way. When Brute Arse went to swing, Al dodged and kept walking. It wasn't until he attacked me that Al finally gave in. Skip to the present and Al is currently destroying the man who is thrice his size and looks like he's been training for combat since he popped out of the womb. Me? My arse is stuck in a barrel. Legs   dangling over the sides going numb while I use my hands to push myself out to no avail. I sigh and cross my arms, pouting as I wait for Al to win and help me out. He had to throw me. He could have done a million other things, but he chose to throw me. I watch and cheer as Al knocks him out. Al turns his attention to me and he walks over to pull me out of the barrel. In one heave, I'm free from the barrel and on my tingling feet. I stumble at first, but Al places his hand on my shoulder to steady me.

"Thank you, Al."

"You're welcome, Angel. Are you alright?" He asks as he checks me over for injuries.

"I'm no worse for wear. Just a little sore." I'm still bruised and shit from Val's beating yesterday and getting thrown made things hurt worse. But no one needs to know that. No additional damage was delt, so I didn't technically lie. Aside from pain, I don't think I'm in any worse shape than I already was. 

"Are you absolutely sure?" Al begins to check for injuries and finds a place on my abdomen that makes me inhale sharply when his fingers brush over it. As well as several other places where I'm going to have bruises.  No one can see anything because my tunic is still fully on, but if they could I don't doubt they would see an ugly bruise in that exact spot.

"I didn't think you were fine."

"I said I wasn't any worse for wear. I never said I was fine."

"Do you know what worse for wear means?"

"I don't care about technicalities. I'm no worse than I was."

"You've been hurt all this time? And you told no one? Why?"

As soon as he asks, there's a scream. High pitched, so probably female. Unless they're a man with a more feminine voice then mine. We both rush off in the direction of the scream.

"Don't think the conversation is over, Angelus."

"Whatever. Let's just take care of this."

When we arrive at the scene, we see two men attempting to harm the Princess. Al's quick to act and single handedly takes care of the fiendish men while I try to comfort Princess Charloett.

"Thank you! Thank you both. How can I repay you?"

"No need."

"No need, your highness."

Al and I speak at the same time. Al looks at me.

"Your highness?"

He looks at Princess Charloett.

"My apologies. Where are my manors?" He bows. "Alastor of Louisieanis. A pleasure to meet you, your highness."

"You may rise. And no need for formalities. I've always hated them. Just general respect will do."

"As you wish, Princess Charloett."

"Just Charlotte will do. Please."

Al nods. "Charloett, then."

"It is a pleasure to meet you as well, Alastor." She looks at me. "Angelus. I've told you 100 times to just call me by my name."

I shrug. "Sorry. I forgot. I'll try to remember, Charloett."

She seems pleased with that answer.

"Anyway, I was heading back to the castle. Accompany me?"

"It would be rude to turn you down. Of course we'll go with you! Then Angel and I can keep you safe!"

"Thank you!"

"Anytime!"

"I can hold my own in a fight most of the time, but I'm more useful for... Easing people's stress and talking to them. And without a sword-"

"You can handle yourself just fine. I've seen it."

"Really?"

"Yesterday."

"Oh. I still got beat up."

"You went up against multiple people with only your fist. That counts for something."

"Thank you, Al."

"You're welcome, Angel."

I have to resist the urge to hug him right now. But I know that even if being homosexual was seen as ok, he still wouldn't like that too much. Unless he gives me a hug, we won't be hugging. But I can live with that. I know all about boundaries and how to respect them. Even when some people don't.

🏰🏰🏰🏰🏰🏰🏰🏰

When we arrive at the castle, we're greeted by a woman in armor with a striking resemblance to Alastor. The difference, aside from the sex, is the dusty pink cravat and blood red bow on her head.

Along with her are two dogs

Along with her are two dogs. One of them, an energetic Newfoundland Poodle with white, black, and brown curly fur bounds over to us. The other, and brown Border Collie and poodle mix, stays beside the woman. That one is more calm.

"Gabby! Get back here! You're going to scare the hell out of them!"

The woman's tone is firm, but kind. I know right away that she'd never hurt the dogs. The dog in question, Gabby, I assume, looks back and whines.

"Come on! Over here with Lucy!" Again, her tone demands obedience without being too harsh. The Newfoundland Poodle finally trots over to her owner and stays with her.

"Sorry about that. She doesn't mean any harm, I promise. She's just easy to excite. I'm Siya, by the way."

She extends her hand for us to shake. Al takes it first. Instead of shaking her hand, he kisses her knuckles.

"Alastor. A pleasure to meet you."

"Oh- Oh my. This is the most respect I've been treated with since two years ago."

"Oh? Have you been disrespected?"

"No, no. I just meant that this is the most respect I've been treated with. I'm more of a casual woman. It's perfectly fine if you don't kiss my knuckles or hold the door open for me. And most people don't. Oh. And you don't have to call me Dame, by the way."

I nod while Alastor looks confused.

"Anyway, let's go inside. All of us. I have things I want to discuss."

With that, Charloett leads us inside. Alastor and I have no choice but to follow. I can only hope that things go quickly. I have time, but I still have to get ready for work.